• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I have to repeat again how impressive JAR Harris has been so far, statistically.

2-20 today to go with his 80odd not out. Before today he averaged around 17 with the ball. Unreal given his age, inexperience etc. it is really is.
Yeah, Harris seems like a real talent and his elevation has been remarkable considering he wasn't even expected to feature in the second XI this year.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
OMG _ I've just seen the Worcs-Surrey score - now 319-1. What the hell is going on at Surrey this year? I don't know if he's playing today, but Salisbury's 50 wickets last year is starting to look like a fluke. And Doshi hasn't done much better.
:sleep: **** knows what Worcestershire will end up with.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Harris seems like a real talent and his elevation has been remarkable considering he wasn't even expected to feature in the second XI this year.
Yes, it's a fairly stupendous start. He's already got a better high-score, and better bowling in inning and match then England's current number eight:unsure:

I say pick him against India:ph34r:

Perm

Young Harris is going well.

Good to see Essex had a good day, Bopara in particular.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Harris looks like he has huge potential, it'll be interesting to see whether Glamorgan can hold onto him. If they can, he could become the mainstay of their team in the next decade, because he clearly has ability with both bat and ball. Glamorgan desperately need an inspirational player in their side, and without wanting to heap expectation on him, Harris looks like he could be the man.

Perm

Klusener is still pretty good though. Great to see Bopara and Flower dominating though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting fact of the day ...

Somerset, batting second, have overtaken Lancashire, Yorkshire & Essex who are still in the first innings of their matches.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Yep, any Leicestershire fans must be properly depressed right now. I mean, I'm not loving Kent's performance, but at least I know that it could be worse...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, any Leicestershire fans must be properly depressed right now. I mean, I'm not loving Kent's performance, but at least I know that it could be worse...

Such as having to watch young Sayers approach 200 at less than 50 per 100 balls? You wouldn't want to be there, would you.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Such as having to watch young Sayers approach 200 at less than 50 per 100 balls? You wouldn't want to be there, would you.
Us Yorkies love that sorta thing, TBH. Need more of that to start getting people through the gates again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich, were you born in Yorkshire?. Dad was born in Birkinshaw near Leeds and right near t'moors.
I was actually born in Wales, TBH, and I'm more Welsh than anything (most of Dad's side of the family as Lancastrian and he's a Wigan man) but I lived in Yorkshire from 3 months old to 5, so really I consider myself more Yorkie than anything. Although I'm a Geordie when it suits me, 'cos I lived there between 5 and 10.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Well, it's a beautiful ground...

Watched my first ever Kent game at the Nevill Ground actually. Fittingly, we were trashing Sussex :cool:

Sayers finally out which is good. Yorkshire have a longish tail, so I'm hoping we can run through them and get them out for under 500, which would at least leave the slim chance of a positive result for Kent still open. I would imagine it'll be a high-scoring draw though, given the strength of Kent's batting lineup.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Why's Anderson not playing today, SKD?

EDIT
OK, it turns out that he's bowling although he wasn't in the batting XI. Presumably England-related. Good job Lancashire batted first.

Last edited: