• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know you are obsessed with cricket when...

open365

International Vice-Captain
When you see a random cricket photo and have to work out who's in it, when it was taken, and where it took place.

When you skipped your maths SAT to play cricket.

When you booked indoor nets once a week from September to May.

adharcric

International Coach
When you look at your exam schedule and assign the cricket team names to different subjects.

I usually do this. When its a very tough paper I say O.k today I am facing Australia and so on for other papers as well, If the marks are good in a tough paper I am like "wohoo I beat Australia" if they are just Ok I go "O.k atleast I drew the game":ph34r:
You serious? That's beyond obsessed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And Kumble's just a spinner - heaven help Kapil Dev if he'd still been playing in Manan's day.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every time you're on the bus and you go past a field you wonder if you could get a decent size ground on it.
Adding on to this, whenever you go past a cricket game being played, you turn around in your seat if you have to just to make sure you see at least one ball bowled.

burr

State Vice-Captain
You know you’re obsessed with Marto when you have over twenty video tapes of his innings (these also include news report and even…um…the odd tv commercial) and over 20 cassette tapes of cricket commentary you taped off the radio and you have listened to them so much the tapes are starting to wear thin and when one recorder did chew up the cassette you frantically unscrewed it, laboriously threaded it back on and breathed a huuuuge sigh of relief that it was still working. In fact some cassettes you’ve listened to so much you know exactly what Tim Lane’s going to say next and what Barry Richards will say after that. Added to this you collect all newspaper clippings with any reference to marto so you have scrap book upon scrap book of marto articles. You also always used to Google news search him so you have hundreds of computer files containing online marto articles from overseas newspapers, websites etc. Marto’s retired now. He’s no longer in the news. I’m in a better place :D :D (Should I have just admitted all that???)

sportychic33

State 12th Man
You know you’re obsessed with Marto when you have over twenty video tapes of his innings (these also include news report and even…um…the odd tv commercial) and over 20 cassette tapes of cricket commentary you taped off the radio and you have listened to them so much the tapes are starting to wear thin and when one recorder did chew up the cassette you frantically unscrewed it, laboriously threaded it back on and breathed a huuuuge sigh of relief that it was still working. In fact some cassettes you’ve listened to so much you know exactly what Tim Lane’s going to say next and what Barry Richards will say after that. Added to this you collect all newspaper clippings with any reference to marto so you have scrap book upon scrap book of marto articles. You also always used to Google news search him so you have hundreds of computer files containing online marto articles from overseas newspapers, websites etc. Marto’s retired now. He’s no longer in the news. I’m in a better place :D :D (Should I have just admitted all that???)
Lol! I know people who have done that for Nathan Astle and I nearly started doing that but thankfully I got snapped out of it.

Days of Grace

International Captain
From Burr: "(Should I have just admitted all that???)"

Probably not. I'm nowhere near your level.

You know you're obsessed when:

You work out your whole sleeping schedule around the 2007 World Cup (I'm in Japan). Come home from work at 4.30. Shower, sleep until 10.00, watch the match, go to work, come home from work at 4.30....

After one month of this I was a walking zombie. The fact that the tournament sucked didn't help either.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adding on to this, whenever you go past a cricket game being played, you turn around in your seat if you have to just to make sure you see at least one ball bowled.
Yeah, that's something I always something I try to do.