• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Andy Caddick Finished?

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Much has been made of Andy Caddick and his possible demise in Oz. Will it be his swansong or will he be playing for England in 2003? No doubt, Somerset fans will be hoping he gets to play a few more games for the county....

So, Is Caddick at the end of the road?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh but everyone is crap against Oz! They r just too good, and face it with Goughie not around, who is going to be any use at all to england?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You think he is finished?

I think he bowls superbly with someone to compete with (hence his partnership with Gough being so good), and this week Harmison has raised his game.

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Caddick coming back....

After a rather dire tour, the 5th test has seen the Caddick that Somerset and some England fans know and love. On form he is awesome but if ever the word enigmatic was made for someone....

www.somersettalk.co.uk

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
More sour grapes Age?

Bad decisions even themselves out (or will you now be complaining about the 4th Test when Aus had the balance of the didgy decisions?)

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Caddick smiling again

Just seen the highlights on Channel 4 and Andy Caddick is smiling again just when I thought that he had lost control of the muscles in his face.

As for shocking decisions, there's been a fair few on both sides with Mr Tiffin culpable more than once. However, caddick has bowled very well on the whole in this test and Age Master, you can't really gumble. Langer wasn't out but if that was bad, what about Butcher when he almost took the edge of his bat in the last test but was LBW?

England have come of age in this test and I wonder how long it is before the Aussies start whineing about the absence of Mcgrath and Warne if they end up losing? We have injury list as long as your arm and at last England have come out fighting....

www.somersettalk.co.uk

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Well, I've just seen the highlights for the 5th day and Caddick, for me, was near his best. The lbws today were fair enough after seeing the replays, so Aussies - please stop moaning! You've been virtually indistructable these last few years :!( , so I think you could afford us English just a little bit of glory!! :rolleyes:

If he doesn't keep it up for England, then I hope he can manage it for Somerset in their quest for promotion in both forms of the game!

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bulbeck

I went to school with Matt Bulbeck at Taunton School and would love to claim I was as good a bowler as he was but while he was playing for Somerset Juniors, I was bowling my left arm over the wicket pies against other Somerset schools.

www.somersettalk.co.uk

Bazza

International 12th Man
I think the funniest thing is the way his name gets blocked out by the filter on here! :lol:

Nah, he's not finished at all. He is 34, and might have only about a year left in him, but by then hopefully England will hopefully have Hoggard, Flintoff, Harmison, Anderson, Jones all firing, and maybe even a cameo from Goughie, so no major concerns for me right now. :)

dogbear

Cricket Spectator
hi, i'm new here

my prediction is that cadders will retire from international games in the next few months or so, play for the sabres for a couple of years then return to New Zealand

cant wait for the new season, bring it on bulbeck

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
FROST

Hi Dogbear,

Nice to see new people checking out the site from down in Taunton or up in taunton I should say, being based in Dorset myself. Hope you like www.somersettalk.co.uk and any thoughts on improvements or what you'd like to see, let me know!

John Fuller Editor

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Originally posted by dogbear
cant wait for the new season, bring it on bulbeck
A man after my own heart!! If you don't know, I'm a big fan of Bully, as my sig. might tell you! :D

dogbear

Cricket Spectator
Re: FROST

jf2001 said:
Nice to see new people checking out the site from down in Taunton or up in taunton I should say
It's great to find a forum for likemindeds.

Do you guys meet up at matches at all? I got membership for the first time this year and am gagging at the bit to get down there.