• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 17th-24 June

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GIMH - You are right. Last thing I wanted was to start my day like this. Since I started this, I am the one who should end this.

Richard - I apologize for making a stupid post. Also If you were serious about some member leaving the forum because of me, Please contact me via email. I will be out for the weekend, but will respond to the email when I get back.
Fair play to Sanz I say

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Struggling to think of an Award that'd fit that criteria, TBH.

Maybe something for relentless plugging of one player's case...? :unsure:
I think Steds would win it every week......... Otherwise, one of the AAAS guys will win it and then there is SS...... Could actually be a pretty tough fight, now that I think abt it. ;) :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just had a chance to read the whole thread now.

I think both Sanz and Richard are very good quality posters who should stay on in CW. It would indeed be a loss for CW forum if either of them were to leave. Richard has some (in fact, a lot) of out of the box ideas and he is never tired of arguing his point and he almost never stops posting a reply in a debate and some ppl tend to get annoyed with him for that. Personally, I think it is a little unfair on him because mostly, he never uses personal insults and such stuff (this thread being one of the exceptional cases) when he is arguing a point unless the other person also stoops down to that level (which I suppose, did happen in this thread). But if someone has a difference of opinion with Richard on a particular issue, the best thing would be to simply agree to disagree as I have done on a few issues myself. Because he is genuinely passionate abt cricket and abt forum etiquette and it can be fun talking cricket to him aside of these issues.

And Sanz has as much knowledge of cricket and its history as anyone here. And one very good thing about him is that when he isn't in the know on a particular issue, he isn't afraid to admit it. And most of the time, he too discusses issues very well although at times his tone may seem to be provocative to those who are not used to him. And to give him his due, it is not like whatever arguments and points he raises are pointless. They are mostly genuinely valid and debatable issues/points. It would indeed be a tragedy to miss out on one of these two great posters because they just can't agree to disagree on a few issues. And everyone can have their bad days in office after which they may vent out some stuff without actually meaning to on internet boards. I think considering the track record of both ppl involved here, the mods should give them a longer rope even if things come to a serious pass and they have start thinking about handing out bans to one or both of them.

Can't we all just get along? :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tbh, I should say that I haven't been as active over the last year or so as I used to be. So I guess ppl shud take my comments knowing that......

Akhil, if there are issues u wud like to discuss abt wat I said outside the forum, email me...

hope u make a note of that soon. AS soon as u do, juz let me know. Wanna delete it. Not very comfortable leaving my email out in the WWW like that. :)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
equally curious
I've clearly missed a lot by being away from this forum for months. Very curious!
Not going to say, otherwise I would have in that initial post. Certainly not recent, though - this guy is still around but barely posts any more these days. The days of his regular posting was long before Sean's time and quite a bit before Martyn's. Fiery might just remember, I suppose, but maybe not as the person in question is not a Kiwi and he'd have had no reason to read large numbers of his posts.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard, Sanz, come on guys, let's not have another awards thread descend into fighting :)
That's true, TBH, it's unfortunate coincidence how often it seems to have happened in Awards threads recently (and it is no more than concidence, in every case the post that's sparked things off could have been made in absolutely every thread). I'll say what Gelman's said a few times, though - I 100% believe what I said and don't regret saying it, even if it's a bit unfortunate that yet again it's happened in what's supposed to be a positive thread.
What would Erasure say?

I've always given more than a little respect (awesome song, BTW) to those who deserve it.
Yes, a dead-set Skull that though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard - I apologize for making a stupid post. Also If you were serious about some member leaving the forum because of me, Please contact me via email. I will be out for the weekend, but will respond to the email when I get back.
It's not one post. It's the whole thing. If someone makes one stupid post I tend to just reply in an equally snide, contemptuous manner. There's no way on Earth I'd have said what I said just because of a single post.

I have no wish to discuss the person-leaving matter further, and as I say I've said all I shall on the matter, because if the person had wanted it discussed further he or she would have mentioned it in the public eye.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't we all just get along? :)
And I've also got to say... sorry, hbh, but not everyone's you. I am full of admiration, as I've said several times, for your ability to see the best in most things most of the time and get on with pretty much everyone. But I'm not like that. Some people annoy me, and other people too, and I'm not prepared to keep shtum about it.

BTW, if you'd like to discuss the matter further with me as well as Akhil via email, my address is easily accessible via any piece written by me (surname's Dickinson in case you don't know that, though I presume you would). Just drop me a line and I'll get back to you.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And I've also got to say... sorry, hbh, but not everyone's you. I am full of admiration, as I've said several times, for your ability to see the best in most things most of the time and get on with pretty much everyone. But I'm not like that. Some people annoy me, and other people too, and I'm not prepared to keep shtum about it.

BTW, if you'd like to discuss the matter further with me as well as Akhil via email, my address is easily accessible via any piece written by me (surname's Dickinson in case you don't know that, though I presume you would). Just drop me a line and I'll get back to you.
yeah, I understand that but I think the best thing would be, if someone is annoying u, u put them in ur ignore list and move on so that u don't miss out on what the rest of the forum has to offer. The same goes for Sanz... I mean, everyone knows u two don't get along, but that doesn't mean u have to criticize each other's posts in every thread. We have to consider the rest of the forum too, no?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah, I understand that but I think the best thing would be, if someone is annoying u, u put them in ur ignore list and move on so that u don't miss out on what the rest of the forum has to offer. The same goes for Sanz... I mean, everyone knows u two don't get along, but that doesn't mean u have to criticize each other's posts in every thread. We have to consider the rest of the forum too, no?
:thumbs_up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't use ignore-lists and never will. As I said, I usually just laugh contemptuously when I read the latest attempt but, well, as I say - eventually I get sick of it.

Might be an idea for Sanz to use <ignore> for me, though. And about half the rest of the forum, for that matter.