• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your funniest wicket...

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
In the same series, I switched to off break in one match to see how it works. I got the feeling that the batsman (a leftie) will not pick the orthadox leg break if I let it go with same run up. As I though, ball pitched about 18 inches outside off, and batsman shouldered arms to it. It just ripped in to pad flap, wenf up, hit the glove and keeper took a easy catch. I was actually thinking to get the b atsman bowled!

slowfinger

International Debutant
Mine took 3 matches, then I played U 15'S, bowled so wide, yet the player went for it, snicked into the hands of Wickey and stumped, then he got me back when he bowled wide, I dabbed it and (the same thing).

lachlan43

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Playing with my cousin, he skies it, he's run one, started his second, and the ball comes straight back down on his stumps. Out, bowled. Definitely the longest ever "played on" I've ever seen.

FOOOFEI

Cricket Spectator
Playing with a friend in a backyard , my other friend bowled a full-pitched ball and the batsman (who is the best player i know in the whole city) hit it very very hard towards me at mid-on..
i stopped the ball but it loobed high in the air and as the light was low, i couldn't see the ball and loobed the ball like three times in the air !!
When i knew i can't catch it , i hit it with my hand towards mid-off who took an easy catch !
This was very special bcs the batsman while bowling told us that each of us will bowl at least 5 overs and he was out in the third delivery only !

kp4captain

Three I can think of playing 4 people street cricket. I'll just explain, it was on a T-junction there was a boundary straight, one square on the offside and square on the legside but houses and gardens at midwicket and cover

1) playing in the street with a tennis ball, i bowled it about 5 metres wide of legstump and the wind blew it back in so it pitched outside leg and hit off. I said it was the quality of my leg-breaks :unsure:

2) playing in the street another time with a tennis ball I bowled my brother a bouncer, he took on the hook and top-edged it into his face, it looped back for a easy caught and bowled, as i was celebrating he ran in crying with a nosebleed. Dead funny even though i shouldn't say that about my brother

3) Again in the street. My mate was on about 120 (he had cheated i reckon) and wouldn't declare, he said he wanted a double hundred. SO me and my brother thought up an ingenious plan. Sledge him so much it makes him angry and he tries to slog every ball (I know would you sledge your mate?) So I ran up bowled a full toss that was smashed back over my head only for my brother to instead of catching it fumble it. Good news it dropped onto a car and if it hits a car on the full its out I'm afraid

Also any time I get my brother or my mate who thinks he's better than everybody out first ball it always feels a bit special

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
Bowled a bouncer to my mate and he sneezed. Hit him on the head and he fell over on his wicket. He cracked his skull so he had to get stitches.

The next time we played he broke three of my toes.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Tossed up slow ball somehow the batsman left it alone only to find it hit his toe on the fool..:laugh: it was rather amusing. It must have been about 20 km/hr leaving my hand

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Funniest one I have ever taken was a ball the batsman should of left for a wide. Me bowling left arm in swinger and him being a right batsman. Instead he tried to pull it. Missed it completely and his left leg was in the air. While he missed it the ball went onto to career into his heel, about a foot outside of leg stump, and then go onto to take out the off stump. Top of off what a line to bowl! :P

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mine is flighted slower ball , the batsman expected a beamer and it was a yorker and he was cleaned up

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
I bowled it they slogged it i couldn't find the ball they were on there 19th run they fell over and dislogged the bails.

mat

Mine would be bowling the batter a bouncer with a non-bouncy ball so it only lobbed around his head. He paddled it down Adam Gilchrist style, supposedly straight up the ground before my dog came running from around the corner and got hit (relatively softly) the ball then preceded to lob back over the fence. Six and Out!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Years ago playing backyard cricket I got run out from the corner of the street (about 30 metres away) by the keeper having a throw at the stumps as I attempted to steal a sneaky second.