• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your funniest wicket...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll try and see if i can find that footage on YouTube, but at the time when Cameron White was appealing i was like "WHAT THAT IS NOT OUT !!! shocked me :ph34r:
It doesn't have to hit your legs to be out Lbw. Just part of your body needs to obstruct the ball on the way to it hitting the stumps (very simplistically). I think Tendulkar was out once having been hit on the helmet.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
The fact that I managed to take a wicket should be funny, well not for the batsmen. Hey A 40 mph bouncer can intimidate.

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
In my mates backyard once I played a lovely leg glance and set off for the run(tips), just as my foot left the crease the ball rebounded off a tree at shortish leg and hit my wickets to run me out. Admittedly the 'wickets' were about four feet high so it wasnt sooo amazing.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Not really backyard cricket, but had an extremely funny one in nets a couple of weeks ago.

Can only assume the batsman had premeditated a square-cut or something, as his reaction to me bowling a full dart was to go as far back as possible and cut. Problem was he went too far back, and the middle of the bat hit not the ball (which hit off-stump of its own accord) but the spring stumps.

Bits of spring and stump in all directions.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Not really backyard cricket, but had an extremely funny one in nets a couple of weeks ago.

Can only assume the batsman had premeditated a square-cut or something, as his reaction to me bowling a full dart was to go as far back as possible and cut. Problem was he went too far back, and the middle of the bat hit not the ball (which hit off-stump of its own accord) but the spring stumps.

Bits of spring and stump in all directions.
I hit my own wicket on 67 (?) once, I was so pissed off I actually hit the stumps again, and nearly broke them. I seem to get out hit wicket more times than I've actually been bowled.

Treeny

Cricket Spectator
Not a real wicket but it was in the nets, the ball hit my bro in the box he fell to ground and knocked over the stumps.

Julian87

State Captain
Not true. If it bounces three or more times, it is a no ball.
Should be twice IMO.

I went back to play a pull shot off a half tracker from an off spinner at Epping on Saturday and it srsly rolled and hit middle stump, was deemed to have only bounced twice.

Needless to say, wasn't happy.

andyc

Not a real wicket but it was in the nets, the ball hit my bro in the box he fell to ground and knocked over the stumps.
That'd be not out, surely, as you have to hit the stumps while you're playing your shot to be out.

aaron53

Cricket Spectator
In a game once, i bowled this slower ball that was really slow and it swung and the batsmen missed it and got him LBW.

Treeny

Cricket Spectator
That'd be not out, surely, as you have to hit the stumps while you're playing your shot to be out.
Ye well he was a playin a shot and it just nipped back at his body hit him and knocked the stumps over so its just Hit wicket.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
it waz to a short fellow i bowled 5 consecutive short balls each time the batman jumping up n playing back foot defence but the last ball the batsman got ready for the shorter one and i bowled a perfect yorker which missed him by quite a long distance

Son Of Coco

Bowled a yorker that the batsman fell over to while trying to get his feet out of the way. Unfortunately it just missed leg stump.

Is 'ret hurt' counted as a dismissal?

My mate got out playing a pull shot that hit silly mid-on in the head and rebounded to silly mid off.

Raptor11

Cricket Spectator
One of my funniest wickets (where I was the one who went out, sadly :( ) is when I tried to play a back-foot defense.

I was aiming for a quick dab to go for a four past the wicket-keeper. I dabbed it, alright, but instead of going the way I wanted it to, it bounced off my bat ( which was held at a more or less 300 degree angle) and rolled and knocked the stumps and dislodged the bails.

Talk about weird...

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I was bowling out in our street, and the batsman drove the ball dead-straight back at me.
In my follow-through, I lashed out at the ball with my right leg. Kicked it straight back past the batsmen, into the stumps, and had him run out.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
it waz to a short fellow i bowled 5 consecutive short balls each time the batman jumping up n playing back foot defence but the last ball the batsman got ready for the shorter one and i bowled a perfect yorker which missed him by quite a long distance
That's not funny. Thats just having your brains about you :)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
In a real match 2 years ago for our u-13s. First ball of the innings, and our opening fast bowler pings a ball right into the openers crotch, the opener collapses back onto his stumps and is given out.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It was an house match (30 over affair) for my school. I was batting well (before keratoconus got better of my batting), with 38 off 25 odd deliveries and over before, I have hit schools best paceman out of the ground twice. One of my class mates took the ball, (whom I have never seen bowling before), ambled few paces and let the ball go off a classic wind mill action. I only remeber ball hitting the part of the handle jutting out of the top hand, then taking the helmet and going straight up.Guess what, I put the team on course for a win, but that dreaded ball ended all our hopes.