• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughan of Ashes 02 and through 03 was a better test match batsman than Pietersen.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, it really is a shame, IMO.

He seems to have a good knowledge of cricket, and probably a good understanding as well that he simply hides behind trying to wind people up, along with a fluent, easy-to-read, flowing posting style. He has all the tools to be a really good forumer and he could/should be an asset to CW. However, he's a ****, and none of his other qualities can make up for that. He winds people up deliberately, personally insults people without prejudice and has no regard for the forum rules or standards. CW's Jesse Ryder really - immensely talented but with a disgraceful attitude.
Well said, sums it up pretty well IMO.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah I agree each thread should be judged on its own merits and not on the thread starter, regardless of their obvious intentions. If good discussion came come out of it, then it can only be a good thing, imo.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Yeah, it really is a shame, IMO.

He seems to have a good knowledge of cricket, and probably a good understanding as well that he simply hides behind trying to wind people up, along with a fluent, easy-to-read, flowing posting style. He has all the tools to be a really good forumer and he could/should be an asset to CW. However, he's a ****, and none of his other qualities can make up for that. He winds people up deliberately, personally insults people without prejudice and has no regard for the forum rules or standards. CW's Jesse Ryder really - immensely talented but with a disgraceful attitude.
I may be alone on this, but I feel if he was actually given another chance by the establishment he might be able to reform. He seems to get a kick out of being a maverick type, and the general reaction to him confirms his feeling that the rest of CW is against him. If he were considered a legitimate member of the forum it would knock the wind out of those sails and he might be able to be an effective contributing member of the forum. I've found that most of his recent posts in CC have actually had merit, the fact that some happen to wind up Richard should really be no measure as then half the forum would be banned.

Also I have to say that I'm most dissapointed by the personal abuse that seems to surround BLE's persona. Really its his major failing as a poster, however I have to say that it doesn't do any service imo for established posters like Richard, among others, to be hurling abuse at anyone, even BLE.

Perm

I may be alone on this, but I feel if he was actually given another chance by the establishment he might be able to reform. He seems to get a kick out of being a maverick type, and the general reaction to him confirms his feeling that the rest of CW is against him. If he were considered a legitimate member of the forum it would knock the wind out of those sails and he might be able to be an effective contributing member of the forum. I've found that most of his recent posts in CC have actually had merit, the fact that some happen to wind up Richard should really be no measure as then half the forum would be banned.

Also I have to say that I'm most dissapointed by the personal abuse that seems to surround BLE's persona. Really its his major failing as a poster, however I have to say that it doesn't do any service imo for established posters like Richard, among others, to be hurling abuse at anyone, even BLE.
I have had similar thoughts to this in the past, but it doesn't matter if he is posting some of the best stuff we've ever read. He was banned and keeps coming back, that is why he is continually being banned. His posts are generally fine, with the odd exception.

Agree totally on the second point, although Richard has been good as of late and refrained from posting the picture.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Agree totally on the second point, although Richard has been good as of late and refrained from posting the picture.
Yes he has improved in this regard, but he did call him a tool a couple pages back. In any case I think I'm just as much bothered at the way Richard feels that hes speaking for all of CW when he offers his opinion on BLE than for any abuse hes hurled in BLE's direction. I mean to say that all of CW would like to deal with BLE in X, Y, Z way is a bit of a stretch.

Perm

Yes he has improved in this regard, but he did call him a tool a couple pages back. In any case I think I'm just as much bothered at the way Richard feels that hes speaking for all of CW when he offers his opinion on BLE than for any abuse hes hurled in BLE's direction. I mean to say that all of CW would like to deal with BLE in X, Y, Z way is a bit of a stretch.
Oh I understand completely. That's Richard though, he does get a little bit like that.

Perm

If he wants to come back to cw why doesn't he just stop spamming?
Because he has been permanently banned in the past and by returning under a different username, he is breaking the "conditions" of his ban which gets his latest account permanently banned.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty funny theatre, though. Shame he degenerates so quickly to abuse.

PY

International Coach
I've always regarded him as a slapstick element to CW, who could contribute if he didn't degenerate, as I think it's funny how he sticks to his guns even if they are left-field and he obviously has a sense of humour.

Pity he can't make his mind up on a username though. :huh:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Ridiculous notion that he should be given another chance.

The reason that he got banned, was because he was constantly abusing people, and winding them up with anti-England rhetoric. He is doing the same thing now, to what he got banned for originally, why should he get another chance and others not?

shortpitched713

International Captain
I don't know, I think the anti-England stuff gets overstated a bit. I mean I suppose thats just his opinion, however boorish it is. The reason he got banned I'd say was more for abusive comments made towards other members. Nowadays hes doing it more in retaliation than anything else. Obviously I think his behavior would have to change if he was given another chance, but frankly I think we've got nothing to lose. He seems intent to impose his presence on us whether we like it or not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You were around in the early days, were you, sp713?

No.

I was. I know why he is banned, and that is why I persist on saying he's a tool. I might not speak for absolutely everyone on CW, but the larger majority of those I speak to with any regularity feel he's not worth an account. The same thing was true of the Camel56 types, another "recurring" (in a different way) set of complete idiots who posted only to cause trouble. The exact same thing happened - I took them on more viscerously than anyone else, they targeted me in return, they got banned, I got in a little trouble for my part in it. Exactly the same has been happening of late with SW\BLE.

Anyone seriously thinking he'd be capable of reform is just living in cloud-****oo-land, I'm afraid. There's no chance at all of that - his only interest is to try and post inflammatory stuff. Saying I'm the only one who he annoys is very poor indeed, TBH - it just so happens that, because I post more than anyone, my annoyance tends to be the most visible, most often. If you look back through all his posts (and more than ever look back to the time around The Ashes 2005 - that's easy enough as it's all under the Shane Warne account) everyone was getting utterly sick and tired of it. Yes, he does make some sense sometimes, but it'd be hard not to if you know anything about cricket, which he clearly does.

Plenty of the regulars here dislike him every bit as much as I do: Corrin (GIMH), Pitt (BR), Sam (PF), Gelman, Rob Cribb (P EWS), etc. etc. It's all very well saying "it's just his opinion, the anti-England stuff" - that just misreads it. If the opportunity is there, in any way, to put down English players, he'll take it. And that's the principal reason he continues to try to post on this place - he even admitted as such not so long ago. He'll say anything, no matter how unutterably ridiculous, to put down England. It's always possible to do that, I could do the same with just about any place you care to name (our certain someone does it with Pakistan and New Zealand often enough).

He's never made any attempt to "reform", over nearly 3-and-a-half years, which suggests to me he has no interest in doing so.

Flem274*

123/5
You were around in the early days, were you, sp713?

No.

I was. I know why he is banned, and that is why I persist on saying he's a tool. I might not speak for absolutely everyone on CW, but the larger majority of those I speak to with any regularity feel he's not worth an account. The same thing was true of the Camel56 types, another "recurring" (in a different way) set of complete idiots who posted only to cause trouble. The exact same thing happened - I took them on more viscerously than anyone else, they targeted me in return, they got banned, I got in a little trouble for my part in it. Exactly the same has been happening of late with SW\BLE.

Anyone seriously thinking he'd be capable of reform is just living in cloud-****oo-land, I'm afraid. There's no chance at all of that - his only interest is to try and post inflammatory stuff. Saying I'm the only one who he annoys is very poor indeed, TBH - it just so happens that, because I post more than anyone, my annoyance tends to be the most visible, most often. If you look back through all his posts (and more than ever look back to the time around The Ashes 2005 - that's easy enough as it's all under the Shane Warne account) everyone was getting utterly sick and tired of it. Yes, he does make some sense sometimes, but it'd be hard not to if you know anything about cricket, which he clearly does.

Plenty of the regulars here dislike him every bit as much as I do: Corrin (GIMH), Pitt (BR), Sam (PF), Gelman, Rob Cribb (P EWS), etc. etc. It's all very well saying "it's just his opinion, the anti-England stuff" - that just misreads it. If the opportunity is there, in any way, to put down English players, he'll take it. And that's the principal reason he continues to try to post on this place - he even admitted as such not so long ago. He'll say anything, no matter how unutterably ridiculous, to put down England. It's always possible to do that, I could do the same with just about any place you care to name (our certain someone does it with Pakistan and New Zealand often enough).

He's never made any attempt to "reform", over nearly 3-and-a-half years, which suggests to me he has no interest in doing so.
Sounds like good reasons to me. Who's SW?

Also if he was posting stuff against England and got banned, how come the other member you mentioned isn't for posting anti NZ and Pakistan stuff? (This is a QUESTION not a SUGGESTION)