• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TBH, I'd guess just about everyone who posts properly dislikes that.

With minor exceptions, I tend to take those that post very-much improperly (ie no CAPS, txtspk, etc.) less seriously than those that do.
Pup11 is a good example. When he first joined, I thought he was fairly dire as a member with his txt speak and poor typing in general. But once he fixed that up, his posts and points made much more sense to me and I began to respect him much more. Now I'm quite convinced he's one of the most under-rated members here.

He's also a good example of how you don't have to be Neil to follow this principal. His grammar isn't the best in the world and he'd probably admit that, but all it takes is a genuine effort to make your point clear and concise and he does that.

He quickly went from someone I found irritating to one of my favourite members here. I'm a big fan now.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Richie Benuad: whenever Symonds comes out in an ODI, and Richie mentions 'Be there at the end.' And then he starts to expand on it, and it goes something like 'Yes, it was that game in South Arica where Australia were in trouble, Symonds inclusion in the squad was under scrutny, but the captain, Ricky Ponting supported him. When Ponting was dismissed, as he was leaving the ground, he whispered in Symonds ear, "Be there at the end.

Also in regards to Richie and Symo; this has almost become a cliche.

"I've seen Symonds dive. Slide. And then get up without using his hands. Quite remarkable."

During the last Ashes series, I was so sick and tired of Ian Chappel bitching about why KP should be batting at number 4.

Commentators praising speed at the expense of accuracy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, that's so, so true - so much so that it's almost worth a double-post. It's certainly not just Symonds, he used to say it about Flintoff ATT - and while they're the most common ones they're certainly not the only.

I love Richie most of the time, but he does get on my ***s with that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Manipulation of stats

Selecting certain periods, or deselecting teams etc is all well and good. But when people start saying, "if you take out all Pietersen's scores above 4, he actually averages 0.75"

I mean, so what?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Spinners and dumb batsmen. Absolute filth.

A spinner walks 5 paces lobs the ball up and an idiot batsman ties to hit it out of the park and mistimes it (or just plain misses it) and gets out. Filthy, filthy, filthy.

Fast bowlers pound their body into the ground and pour blood, sweat and tears on the field in the effort to get a wicket. Risking future hip replacement and not being able to pickup their grandkids in the future due to wear and tear, whilst the athletic equivelent of a cricketing hippo puts in little physical effort and relies on the idiocy of the batsman for many wickets.

:@

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS

A spinner walks 5 paces lobs the ball up and an idiot batsman ties to hit it out of the park and mistimes it (or just plain misses it) and gets out. Filthy, filthy, filthy.

Fast bowlers pound their body into the ground and pour blood, sweat and tears on the field in the effort to get a wicket. Risking future hip replacement and not being able to pickup their grandkids in the future due to wear and tear, whilst the athletic equivelent of a cricketing hippo puts in little physical effort and relies on the idiocy of the batsman for many wickets.

Haha, rant of the thread so far.

PY

International Coach

Top stuff. True too.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Games against University sides. I'm sure they're all well and good for practice, and for improving the University players, but it irritates me that the season is so stop-start. Kent just get going (in a manner of speaking) against Sussex and Surrey, and then they're stuck playing Cardiff University.

It's actually telling how poorly Kent have played so far this season, in that we've basically put out our first team to try and get some form together...

simmy

International Regular
Games against University sides. I'm sure they're all well and good for practice, and for improving the University players, but it irritates me that the season is so stop-start. Kent just get going (in a manner of speaking) against Sussex and Surrey, and then they're stuck playing Cardiff University.

It's actually telling how poorly Kent have played so far this season, in that we've basically put out our first team to try and get some form together...
Yeah we suck

adharcric

International Coach

Saj.

simmy

International Regular
Manipulation of stats

Selecting certain periods, or deselecting teams etc is all well and good. But when people start saying, "if you take out all Pietersen's scores above 4, he actually averages 0.75"

I mean, so what?
Haha. That is a quality rant.