• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ireland 10th

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
After good performances, promotion was well derserved and now they're in the world Top 10!

Australia 129
South Africa 125
New Zealand 115
Sri Lanka 110
Pakistan 110
India 106
England 104
West Indies 99
Bangladesh 45
Ireland 29
Zimbabwe 22
Kenya 0

Well?

Natman20

International Debutant
They played well for the majority of the cup and IMO do look more threatening than Kenya and Zimbabwe this world cup although they did get more opportunities to play.

Craig

World Traveller
Agreed. Just need to get them more cricket in the future to build on this.
That's the case with everything I guess, the more you do something, the better you get and the fact that a few of them play in England also helps. Although we all know it goes in Ireland like this:

1/ Gaelic football (what a weird game)
2/ As above
3/ Football
3/ Rugby
4/ Anything else including cricket

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Ireland did look to have plenty of potential - particularly with the ball for mine, if they had a couple more batsmen they would be able to compete more consistently though for mine.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Good for Irish Cricket.
Dumb overall to gift them that 10th spot so early on.
They worked hard for it but it seemed to have come a wee bit early.
Kenya and Zimbabwe needs more matches to play every year. Keanya especially IMO.

The ICC should make sure that these 3 teams get more matches in the next 2-3 years to come. Would be exciting if they have a tri-nation tournament :)! Evenly matched, depending on the pitch :p.....

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Kenya can't be on 0, they beat Ireland during the World Cricket League
Ireland weren't a full member then though.
Just wondering why then are they the 10th ranked team in ODI cricket?
I mean that win against Bangladesh put them up on the table and granted them full ODI status right? So from there on they needed to win matches to get to that 10th spot right?

I mean if they were not a full member when Kenya beat them during the World cricket league, they were neither so when they beat Bangladesh. It is only after that they got the status! So why are they the 10th ranked team in ODI cricket?

I'm a little confused. Please educate :ph34r:!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good for Irish Cricket.
Kenya and Zimbabwe needs more matches to play every year. Keanya especially IMO.

The ICC should make sure that these 3 teams get more matches in the next 2-3 years to come. Would be exciting if they have a tri-nation tournament :)! Evenly matched, depending on the pitch :p.....
They didn't gift them 10th spot 8-) Ireland earnt it fair and square.

I agree with the rest of the post, the tri nations would be good.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

They didn't gift them 10th spot 8-) Ireland earnt it fair and square.

I agree with the rest of the post, the tri nations would be good.
Never denied them earning it (aah, consider the "gift" part a slip of typing :p), but I just didn't get how they could earn so without first becoming a full-fledged ODI nation thats all :sleep:.

Eitherways, the Irish team looks much stronger then Ken and Zim ATM :ph34r:!

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Agreed. Just need to get them more cricket in the future to build on this.
they have plans to build on it, i think kenya and ireland are the only 2 of the current top 6 associate that have a bright future. I though netherlands would too, but read a article and finding out it's the 25th sport and all, plus their bowling coach wanting more overseas players to compete! come on! they are as worse as canada...scotland, well i don't know...bermuda, well it's their national sport but too small population but you never know, sri lanka is small kinda.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ireland/content/story/291984.html

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Ireland weren't a full member then though.
Ireland aren't full members now. They don't have permanent odi status either. They all have to go through the wc qualification test and make it. And that's a good thing, with teams progressing being able to continue while others go back with giving some other nation a chance. All top 6 associates have odi status and they all have to go through the "test".

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Good for Irish Cricket.

They didn't automatically get 10th spot. The ODI's they played against teams that were on the table in the past 3 years were given points based on wins and loses. That were divided up with the # of games to give them the ratings which is currently more than zimbabwe and kenya.