• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Brian Lara Tribute Thread****

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, quite, but even at home it's a horrible way to bow-out I'd think.

I'd imagine he'd prefer next spring in a Test - but clearly I'm wrong. :mellow:

Craig

World Traveller
Would be fitting and a guard of honour from the English players. Should imagine a standing ovation from the crowd.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would expect a standing ovation from the crowd, I'd be disappointed otherwise.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mildly disappointing that he ends his career with a meaningless one-day international against one of the lesser ODI teams in world cricket. Would have been so much more emotion attached to a Test match curtain call. Understandable decision though. And seeing as though I predicted it ages ago, somewhat of a predictable decision.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But I am young... how can I know?

(The "he" I was referring to was you, BTW, not Brian, in case you didn't spot that)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: You're on MSN at the moment, aren't you? Allow me to send you something, if you will...

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sad to see him go but i guess every good thing eventually has to end.

Thanks for the memories BCL:)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Great batsman, wish I had seen him live.
I did, for all of 5 balls.

I remember it now - he came into bat and the ground rose to acclaim him.

Flintoff bowled him and there was a couple of seconds silence before any celebration.

I daresay most people there that day wanted to see WI all out 250 with Lara unbeaten on 120.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With a bat the man was poetry, one of the greatest I've ever seen, he will be missed.....

pup11

International Coach
I was really suprised when i heard Lara was retiring from test matches too, its just a shame a champion and genius like him has to hang his boots on such a low.

But probably he felt he couldn't make any further difference to West Indian cricket but whatever may be the reason "Brain Charles Lara" would be sorely missed and its good to hear that when he plays his last odi in Barbados a full-house would be present to pay their tribute to him.