• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting on West Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pup11

International Coach
If we start believing what the papers quote then there are a lot of other stupid things that are written in the paper. So should we start taking all those things seriously too.

Pup is the last man in the Australian team i would expect to come up with something as cheap as that.

Craig

World Traveller
Obviously Ponting is the only International Captain cabable of that, all other captains are just dumb.8-)
You have to be the angriest poster on here. You certainly come across as somebody with a chip or two on their shoulder.

I'm not Australian either by the way, but this is getting completely tedious.

pup11

International Coach
Look more or less we mix sledging with abuse, sledging is just about reminding a batsman or a bowler about his recent form or any basic thing thats related with cricket to gain a mental edge.

Abuse is different it is done to take out your frustration more than anything else, as for the opposition players not understanding Hindi or Urdu i think even if you don't understand the language then also you can understand the body-language.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If we start believing what the papers quote then there are a lot of other stupid things that are written in the paper. So should we start taking all those things seriously too.

Pup is the last man in the Australian team i would expect to come up with something as cheap as that.
Clarke would also be one of the last players in the Australia team I would expect to come up with such an insult, that's of course assuming that the papers were right in their reports. However he must have said something pretty bad to get Gayle fired up, so maybe he isn't the golden child that he has been made out to be.

Craig

World Traveller
Anyway hasn't this been so many friggin times and do we have to go down this path again?

pup11

International Coach
Punter just can't help himself i guess, there is no word like diplomacy in his dictionary because whatever he has in his mind he just speaks out and that to in front of the media.

More or less whatever Ponting said about the West Indian players is 100% true, but then i guess its one of Ponting's old habits to light a cigarette while sitting on a heap of gun-powder.

social

honestbharni, Mate how do you know Pup called Gayle a "second class citizen" because i haven't heard anything in that regard anywhere.

But even if Pup said that to Gayle then he could have controlled himself in a lot better manner, Gayle was almost breathing down at Clarke's neck and was saying all sorts of nasty things and later Samuels also joined in.
Can u imagine any Australian cricketer calling somebody a "second class citizen?"

These are generally uneducated people whose only claim to fame is being able to play cricket.

Referring to them by their colour in a derogatory form, I can believe from some

"Second class citizen" is a term so far removed from where they are it's ridiculous.

Given Gayle's reaction to the whole event, it's probably more likely that he misunderstood something Clarke said (probably abusive I might add), lost the plot as a result, and had to make the rest up to justify his actions

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
What's racist there???? So you think Slater didn't cross any lines when he went up against Dravid or do you think the Aussies appeal lesser than India or that they try to intimidate the umpires lesser than Indians??????? I have seen non stop chatter and sledging by Aussies against India when they toured here in 2004 and yet, no one is gonna warn them for it.

It is not the fault of Australia but for some reason, the refs have been like that.

Sledging is well entrenched in the history of cricket. It gets quite heated and stressful out there in the middle of the pitch. As such, moderate sledging seems to be tolerated. It is therefore...no big deal.

I also agree 100% with Ponting's statement :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

pup11

International Coach
Pup=Golden Child, Naah... he is destined to be the next Aussie captain so he has to learn the tricks of the trade from Punter i guess.

pup11

International Coach
But having said everything Clarke comes through as a nice bloke, he is one of those blokes that binds the whole team together.

We all know when Warney spilt up with Simone before the Ashes 05, Clarkie was always there with Warney during the Ashes 05 tour as a support for Warney and we all know how many times Clarkie has saved Symo's ass.

So in a way he is a complete team-man who feels for his team mates too.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
What's racist there???? So you think Slater didn't cross any lines when he went up against Dravid or do you think the Aussies appeal lesser than India or that they try to intimidate the umpires lesser than Indians??????? I have seen non stop chatter and sledging by Aussies against India when they toured here in 2004 and yet, no one is gonna warn them for it.

It is not the fault of Australia but for some reason, the refs have been like that.

Sledging is well entrenched in the history of cricket. We all know that it gets quite heated and stressful out there in the middle of the pitch. As such, a moderate amount of sledging has been tolerated since the beginning. It is therefore...no big deal.

I also agree 100% with Ponting's statement in full :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hoppy1987

U19 Debutant
in all fairness he wasn't criticising their behaviour on the pitch, he was criticising their temperament and their will to keep going even in a sticky patch. just saying that they go over the top when they are winning and cant be bothered when they are not is not criticising their behaviour, just the windies desire and will to win!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You have to be the angriest poster on here. You certainly come across as somebody with a chip or two on their shoulder.
You have said this 2nd time in 2007, it clearly isn't working. Please stop your personal attacks.

I'm not Australian either by the way, but this is getting completely tedious.
I dont understand what my comments have to do with Australia ? .

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Can u imagine any Australian cricketer calling somebody a "second class citizen?"

These are generally uneducated people whose only claim to fame is being able to play cricket.

Referring to them by their colour in a derogatory form, I can believe from some

"Second class citizen" is a term so far removed from where they are it's ridiculous.

Given Gayle's reaction to the whole event, it's probably more likely that he misunderstood something Clarke said (probably abusive I might add), lost the plot as a result, and had to make the rest up to justify his actions
You continue to amaze CW with your unbiased posts.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels and Dwayne Bravo and those sort of guys tend to enjoy themselves pretty much out on the field when things are going their way, but when things aren't going their way then they can drag their backsides around."[/I]
Ridiculous of Ponting to rope Bravo in with the lazy duo of Gayle and Samuels. Bravo gives his all regardless of the situation. That much is abundantly clear. It was clear in Australia on Bravo's first tour there, and it's amazing that Ponting totally missed that. Was also very clear against South Africa. Bowling in the death overs, having been belted around already, he continued to charge in and do a job.

readie

State Regular
Sledging is well entrenched in the history of cricket. We all know that it gets quite heated and stressful out there in the middle of the pitch. As such, a moderate amount of sledging has been tolerated since the beginning. It is therefore...no big deal.

I also agree 100% with Ponting's statement in full :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
agree totally

p.s love the avatar

social

Very Sensible and coherent indeed. 8-)[/QUOTE

So why dont you tell us where he was incorrect

I know that would involve actually reading what he said before you post but, hey, there's got to be a first time for everything

haroon510

International 12th Man
I love it how Ponting always manages to critisise other teams and players for misbehaviour, yet I seem to remember that he has plenty of smudges against his name when it comes to discipline.
u said it loud and clear and only in a couple of sentences. if i would to write that i would have take more space. :laugh:
agree with u man lol

Nishant

International 12th Man
Very Sensible and coherent indeed. 8-)[/QUOTE

So why dont you tell us where he was incorrect

I know that would involve actually reading what he said before you post but, hey, there's got to be a first time for everything
He is not incorrect...what he said is true...but i just think that comments like those should be kept to urself, especially when people like ponting arent angels themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.