• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best left arm spinner of the world?

Who is the best left arm spinner of the world?

• Vettori

Votes: 37 50.0%
  • Panesar

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Enamul Jr

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Hogg

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Razzak

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Rafique

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Murali Karthik

• Abdur Rehman

• Dave Mohammed

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Giles

• Paul Adams

• Total voters

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's not just to you. I believe it's been reported/corrected once, but it still looks horrible.
Rzzak still bends his a arm a lot while bowling. But it is 12 degrees and that is less than the allowed 15 degrees.

He was reported once a couple of years back cause then the limit was 10 degress I think.

People like Harbhajan, Shaoib Malik and Muralitharan bend as much as Razzak. But they all bend less than 15 degrees.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
Enamul Jr is the best for me.......he will achieve a lot more than any other in the list including Vettori........Infact even now he is a better spinner than Rafique and Razzak who are doing pretty good in the WC.....he will be Bangladesh's equivalent of Muralitharan

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There was this pakistan left arm spinner who played in their home series against Windies. He was really good, forgot his name though. He even managed to keep Lara reasonably quiet bowling in the 43rd over or so.....

But obviously, Vettori is the best around in this category.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
TBH, unless you have equipment to measure every delivery he bowls out in the middle, there is no way for you to know that.
When he was tested the maximum he bended was 12 degrees which is within the limits. Players like Harbhajan, Muralitharan, Shoaib Akhtar, Shoaib Malik and Brett Lee have been playing with suspect action all throughout their career, but with ICC changing the limit to 15 degrees mean that everybody can chuck a little and so all of their action is within the ICC limits.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There was this pakistan left arm spinner who played in their home series against Windies. He was really good, forgot his name though. He even managed to keep Lara reasonably quiet bowling in the 43rd over or so.....

But obviously, Vettori is the best around in this category.
Yeah, he's actually on the poll. Rehman.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Vettori - I think about the long haul. Monty has played international cricket for a year. Let's see where he is in five years time. I think if Bangladesh played more test cricket Rafique would be up there but a bit of me thinks there are not a lot of good ones around .Dave Mohammad? Ashley Giles? Paul Adams? Please....:laugh:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Vettori or Rafique in tests and Hoggy in one dayers.

Come to think of it, they are all pretty average in the longer form.

cricman

International 12th Man
Rafique did have match figures of 9/160 vs Australia, I've voted for Vettori but Rafique is just as good as him.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Its gotta be Dan Vettori in both forms of the game. Razzak looks impressive in ODIs though, and as bad as his action looks I think they would have reported it by this stage of the World Cup if he was straightening over 15 degrees.

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
i would say panesar has the potential to be the best test left armer in the world and hogg will be the best ODI left arm spinner and with vettori best actual spinner cos hes can do both very well

prakesh

Banned
Vettori, as it has been for ages now.

It made me sick how Panesar has a decent series or two, nothin spectacular & Fletcher (amongst others, Botham etc) instantly declared him the best in the world.

All the idiots had forgotten vettori, who had the injuries & has to bowl half his deliveries on freezing cold green tops...which seemingly wasn't taken into account.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
How Can Dave Mohammed be a better bowler than Rafique?
I don't get the Dave Mohammed thing. Can someone please enlighten me?
Dave Mohammad? Ashley Giles? Paul Adams? Please....:laugh:
*Adds names to "the list"*

Oh, and Dasgupta. It's because he's pretty much God. He's got it all. The awesome chinaman bowling; the dashing good looks and that suave moustache; the cavalier lower order batting; the coolest name in the world; the hard-luck, getting beat on by the man story. Gun cricketer and coolest bloke.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
*Adds names to "the list"*

Oh, and Dasgupta. It's because he's pretty much God. He's got it all. The awesome chinaman bowling; the dashing good looks and that suave moustache; the cavalier lower order batting; the coolest name in the world; the hard-luck, getting beat on by the man story. Gun cricketer and coolest bloke.
I always thought it was purely his name :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Understandable. Coming from Yorkshire, I wouldn't expect you to appreciate the nuances of wrist spin, nor it's practitioners. :p