• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Woolmer dies at 58

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Still can't believe this, it's all happened so fast. I refuse to entertain speculation that it was anything sinister or self inflicted, so until there is any serious evidence to the contrary I'm going to assume it was natural causes.
The best way TBH, though its hard to ignore the immediate circumstances

godofcricket

State 12th Man
wow....shocking shocking news..... i really do feel sad for his family.....he was such a amazing, calm person.....a person who will be missed......RIP Woolmer......

chris.hinton

International Captain
Reading cricinfo today Pakistan fans chanting " Death to Woolmer" i wonder just how they are feeling right now

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It isnt easy to source poison the day you decide to kill yourself when you are away from home and in a hotel and have a tiny window of opportunity like this.
Gramoxone, toilet cleaner, etc. etc.

I really don't like this path of conversation though.

Dydl

International Debutant
The sudden death is a bit intriguing, but it really is not of our business how he died, even though it sort of is and we'll probably find out anyway. It would have been at least nice for him to know if Pakistan went out of the World Cup on a winning note, but it was not to be. If they lost, it wouldn't have been any better than now.

southafrica

Cricket Spectator
I'm devestated!

Bob still had a lot of good things waiting for him, possibly even a position coaching the English. He still had so much to offer world cricket, not to mention the amazing sucsess he had with the South Africans.

Let's hope he went peacefully.

Rest In Peace Mister Woolmer, cricket fans miss and love you.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Woolmer was a Big Man and with that and the drugs tests, poor Performances, Shoaib and the Disastarous England tour this could have took its toll

I dont think he killed himself

Evermind

International Debutant
WTF is "poison"? It's such a high-school term to use - that could have been anything.

It is no use speculating, but whatever happens, I hope for once that the PCB and whoever is in charge of the whole matter come clean on this and don't try to cover things up.

No sporting event in the world is worth someone's life.