• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reason why we need 10-day tests

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
T Franklin (NZ)/Trevor Gripper(ZWE)
Akash Chopra(IND)
C Taware (ENG)
Ravi Shashtri(IND)
S Chanderpaul (WI)
Mudassar Nasser(PAK)
Sanjay Manjrekar(IND)
Jimmy Adams(WI)
Jack Russel(ENG)
Matthew Hoggard(ENG)
Jason Gillespie(ENG)

FRAZ

International Captain
All the bunch that has been mentioned is going to perform just like the normal humans of "today" .. Old times are gone now tbh !!!!

The_Bunny

State Regular
Due to ODI and now twenty20 cricket, over rates have been going up so much that there are now not a huge amount of draws anyway....
Well not as many as 40 years ago...
And it would'nt be as profitable so the Icc wouldnt cosider it8-)

luffy

International Captain
I would prefer to watch a Twenty/20 match than a ten day test tbh. Draws will be unlikely though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think 90 overs a day x five days is about right. Most games will have results, but there is always hope of a draw for a team if you apply yourselves. Assuming it is a proper pitch of course, and not the disgraceful flat tracks that crop up from time to time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Akash Chopra(IND)
C Taware (ENG)
Ravi Shashtri(IND)
S Chanderpaul (WI)
Mudassar Nasser(PAK)
Sanjay Manjrekar(IND)
Jimmy Adams(WI)
Jack Russel(ENG)
Matthew Hoggard(ENG)
Jason Gillespie(ENG)
?

I think 90 overs a day x five days is about right. Most games will have results, but there is always hope of a draw for a team if you apply yourselves. Assuming it is a proper pitch of course, and not the disgraceful flat tracks that crop up from time to time.

Though tbf, you only wanted the extra day to make up for lost time. So really, bit of a pointless thing for me to do :wacko:

pup11

International Coach
10-day test you got to be kidding right? I mean test matches nowadays are hardly going into the 5th day, so i think its hardly a wise idea to have a 10-day test.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
How can you pick a team of slow batsmen and leave out Geoff Boycott and Mark Richardson? Mind you I'd love to see them play 20-20!:laugh: don't thi nk they'd like to play it though!

Slow Love™

International Captain
Akash Chopra(IND)
C Taware (ENG)
Ravi Shashtri(IND)
S Chanderpaul (WI)
Mudassar Nasser(PAK)
Sanjay Manjrekar(IND)
Jimmy Adams(WI)
Jack Russel(ENG)
Matthew Hoggard(ENG)
Jason Gillespie(ENG)
Perception of Chanderpaul's defensive outlook has probably lagged similarly to that of Justin Langer. Is often an extremely quick scorer these days.

Taware sounds vaguely African... :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Chanderpaul and Langer are totally different, TBH.

Langer used to be almost exclusively a defensive player (there were exceptions, like that fastest-Test-half-century-by-an-Australian innings or whatever it was) and became a more expansive one on his being promoted to open.

Chanderpaul is a magnificently divided player, and that's why I love him so much - you never know what's coming, smashing the Australians for a century off 69 balls or grinding to 136* off 510 balls against the most part-time of part-time bowlers in the most long-concluded of long-concluded Tests. A wonderfully polarised player, and I'm always certain that it's purely a matter of what the mood takes, not a conscious decision.