• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you would trade to other countires

open365

International Vice-Captain
Great thread idea imo.

I'd trade Paul Nixon with his 'attitude' and Liam Plunket for Mark Boucher.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Great thread idea imo.

I'd trade Paul Nixon with his 'attitude' and Liam Plunket for Mark Boucher.
Interesting.....

You realise Mark Boucher has 2 years in him atmost. Though again i dont think SA needs a pacer or a keeper

Monty would be very attractive proposal to the SAffers

open365

Interesting.....

You realise Mark Boucher has 2 years in him atmost. Though again i dont think SA needs a pacer or a keeper

Monty would be very attractive proposal to the SAffers
Yeh but one of the contract stipulations would be that he has to play till he's 40.

And Liam Plunket, he's not your average pacer you know...

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
akmal is out of form alright but he is not a bad player...he broke Gilchrist's record of most 100's in one calendar year for a keeper and that not easy...he is just going through a bad patch and i count on him to come good

open365

akmal is out of form alright but he is not a bad player...he broke Gilchrist's record of most 100's in one calendar year for a keeper and that not easy...he is just going through a bad patch and i count on him to come good
He did?

Are you sure?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Test and ODIs combined? Because IIRC, Akmal has never scored more than 2 Test hundreds in a calendar year. He may have scored 3 ODI hundreds in a calendar year though, given the positioning of the VB series.

In his last 27 innings since his back-to-back tons against England, Akmal has scored 1 half-century. He averages 17.20 in that time.

In his last 12 Tests he averages 26.64 with 3 fifties in 19 innings. It's not like his batting slump is very recent.

EDIT: Akmal scored 2 Test tons and 3 ODI hundreds in 2005, meaning a total of 5 that year. I'm well pleased with how accurate I was from memory.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Test and ODIs combined? Because IIRC, Akmal has never scored more than 2 Test hundreds in a calendar year. He may have scored 3 ODI hundreds in a calendar year though, given the positioning of the VB series.

In his last 27 innings since his back-to-back tons against England, Akmal has scored 1 half-century. He averages 17.20 in that time.

In his last 12 Tests he averages 26.64 with 3 fifties in 19 innings. It's not like his batting slump is very recent.

EDIT: Akmal scored 2 Test tons and 3 ODI hundreds in 2005, meaning a total of 5 that year. I'm well pleased with how accurate I was from memory.
There you go 5 hundreds in one year...record for a wkt keeper batsman

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
26.64 isnt exacly a slump for a keeper..i think a keeper should have an Avg of around 30, therefore 26.64 isnt exactly a slump. The problem is we compare every kid to Gilchrsit.

But my point is that he has the talent, and he will come good, he played the best knock of last year when he scored a 100 off 86 balls when Pakistan were down 39/6

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Kamran Akmal broke Gilchrist record of 3 hundreds in a year by scoring 4 test centuries in 2005 109 against Ind in Ind, 154 v.s Eng at lahore, 102 v.s Ind in lahore and 113 v.s India at Karachi

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Kamran Akmal broke Gilchrist record of 3 hundreds in a year by scoring 4 test centuries in 2005 109 against Ind in Ind, 154 v.s Eng at lahore, 102 v.s Ind in lahore and 113 v.s India at Karachi
I dont know where that passage comes from but according to Statsguru its wrong.

He scored 2 Test match 100's in 2005

List of 2005 Innings