• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Cricketers

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
1 six batting compared to how many off your bowling? How big is the 6 deficit? :p
Well I recall he went for at least 5 sixes on his Exeter debut...

And on that note... my career record is, astoundingly, two sixes.

I don't remember the first, though.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Buggsy was a fair cricketer for those Randy Petes. Have played 1st reps since U10's to now and have played Emerging Blues that's basically as far as I can go atm. Would have played greenies but missed the second trial which I made into easily as I had a Rep Rugby Tour to Perth the day of that centre wicket trial.

yer good old ranty petes..i played green shield and that was unreal @ the age of 15 then walked into 2nd grade grade.

emerging blues is good also mate.

i played with a lot of quality players and in some quality sides and do miss not playing but enjoyed every second o all cricket that i did play for randy petes and ssdcc.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Well I recall he went for at least 5 sixes on his Exeter debut...

And on that note... my career record is, astoundingly, two sixes.

I don't remember the first, though.
I'm drawing with you, and it's more like 1 1/2 for me because there is massive debate as to whether the first one was acctualy a 6(it was called by my team mates who later denied it crossed the boundary without bouncing).

I'm not that bad a player, i think i should be able to get myself into my clubs first team before i'm 20 with any luck(though i'm 4/3s level atm)

I'd be the best player for Liverpool schools U15s if i wanted to play for them and i think i could probably get relatively far in Lancs trials if someone ever offered me one.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
I like to think i'm good, but i'm not really. Im just average.
I know i'm terrible it's just that the batsmen haven't worked it out yet so i keep getting wickets... :ph34r:

unlike most i have worked hard to steadily move down the ladder, started off playing junior reps/and district for DD; played for my Uni a coupla times at uni games and a coupla seasons in grade (nothing special 4's and a coupla outings in 3's); Degree/Career made training impossible so i spent the next few season playing A-grade park cricket and a bit of Martin Shield till i got sick of being told off for turning up hungover (despite topping the wicket column) So this season joined a coupla mates and playing in a lower grade againts people who look like they've never seen a bat beofre.

Having an absolute ball, we're undefeated and sealed the minor prem mid-season, case of beer at every game, and a nice fat kitty from all the ducks and dropped catches to pay for an end of season celebration :D

thierry henry

International Coach
I had 1 trial for Auckland under-19s :ph34r:

Also, dunno if he'd like me bringing this up, but Blaze played for Wellington under-17s in the national tournament.

Josh

International Regular
Wouldn't mind playing at a higher level, would have to be a bit of a late blooming effort, however. Increasing my chances by moving to turf cricket next year lol.

Blaze

Banned
I had 1 trial for Auckland under-19s :ph34r:

Also, dunno if he'd like me bringing this up, but Blaze played for Wellington under-17s in the national tournament.
yeah... I was a slow left arm bowler, who couldn't turn the ball very much.

I wish I was right handed, I would have loved to have had a crack at leg spin.

luffy

International Captain
I'm alright just really inconsistent and unsure about my own game. I can score quickly without talking risks, can score really quick taking risks and can bat defensive without taking risks. I have lately been taking the latter one, as that's what's been needed of me, but i just can't go for it any more. I'm just too afraid of getting out. I almost hit a six today though, hooking their opening bowler, just bounced before the boundary.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
Played for Victoria Under 15 the year after Jack I believe but back injuries took away my all-rounder status and I haven't been the same since. Played for Buckinghamshire under 16 ina private tournament on the Isle of Wight (geeze not sure how to spell it). Was able to play as an Australian as the ECB didn't run the compeitition. Faced the then Under 17 England opening bowler, some tall fast left armer. He had some solid pace on him.

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
I play club cricket in New Delhi - I have faced both Ashish Nehra and Ishant Sharma (India u-19 fast bowler) in the nets......

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I like to think I'm quite good, but when I see other players of my age, I realise that I'm pretty crap compared to them :laugh:

I love playing though, which is the best for me.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Was one of the younger senior cricketers in Dunedin when I debuted back in 1995 at age 16. Played senior on and off there bowling leg spin, but have dropped away mainly due to work (particularly now, as I work every weekend). Few Otago age-grade trials, but that's it.