• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Pakistan is best known as cornered tigers

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Who's EXD??
Read Alex above ^^^^^
And Richard, sorry for posting like that, i just don't like threads like this where someone goes "My team is great, look at these stats" + I haven't noticed all these dumb monotonous comments you mention(though that isn't a challenge that they aren't there, i just haven't seen them)
Apparently all you need to do is read the SA-Pak thread (and God-knows, maybe many others), but I haven't, I've just taken the likes of Fusion and adhar's word that such a thing happened... with monotonous regularity.

open365

International Vice-Captain
EXD = Elitish Xenophobic Dimwit aka Scaly Piscine.
Haha, nice, may i point out the irony that i got reported for calling someone an idiot yet apparently you now refer to another member as a elitist xenophobic(what does that mean btw?) dimwit?

And no i'm not trying to start an argument, i'm just pointing it out.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently all you need to do is read the SA-Pak thread (and God-knows, maybe many others), but I haven't, I've just taken the likes of Fusion and adhar's word that such a thing happened... with monotonous regularity.
But why are you fighting other peoples battles? God forbid you should read the 'offending' items and write based on your own thoughts and opinions.

It seems like you are bringing every thread around to this point and ffs you havent even read any of the stuff.

Sounds like you are just trying to push peoples buttons or at best just interfere and meddle.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, nice, may i point out the irony that i got reported for calling someone an idiot yet apparently you now refer to another member as a elitist xenophobic(what does that mean btw?) dimwit?

And no i'm not trying to start an argument, i'm just pointing it out.
Well I've been doing it for a while, and I am aware of many of the reports for insulting other members. EXD does it often enough, mind.

Xenophobic = prejudice against something foreign because it is foreign.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But why are you fighting other peoples battles? God forbid you should read the 'offending' items and write based on your own thoughts and opinions.

It seems like you are bringing every thread around to this point and ffs you havent even read any of the stuff.

Sounds like you are just trying to push peoples buttons or at best just interfere and meddle.
Eh?!?!?!?!

Every thread? :blink:

I can think that I've done it in two, maybe three at best.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Eh?!?!?!?!

Every thread? :blink:

I can think that I've done it in two, maybe three at best.
Is that your best response?

3 threads are plenty when you are making comments and criticisms of people when you havent read what they said. TBH, I havent read it either and that makes me pretty unqualified to judge.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I haven't read what they said?

I have, and I make the judgement accordingly.

And don't blame me for 3 separate threads (at best - may well just have been 2) having such stuff contained - it's the fault of those making the snide Pakistani-cheaters comments constantly.

I'm certainly not the only one "fighting the battle". You read this thread, unless I'm much mistaken. There's a lot of people of the mindset that I'm purveying here.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't read what they said?

I have, and I make the judgement accordingly.
Which is it? within the space of an hour or 2 you say you have not read it and then you said you have. Well if you have only just read it (the only possible conclusion to be drawn from your quotes unless multiple personalities are an issue, and given your dogmatic approach to a few set issues, is unlikely) then you certainly have not been making judgements accordingly as you were posting before you read.

Just because a few members are upset (justifiably or not) why are you bringing it up across a few threads? If you dont like the posts, report them. There is a lot of crap on here I dont like (and suprisingly Im NOT talking about you :) ) and 90% I let slide. However, If it is a long standing thing or a pattern, I report it. Thats how stuff is dealt with, otherwise all this (Im including my post in this) bull**** clogs up the forums and stops any real interesting debate.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK... what I meant by the first post is that I'd not read anything along those lines in that thread referred to there. I now have - not in said thread, but in this one. It seems I might have jumped the gun a bit, and I have apologised to the two posters concerned for said possibility.

As to "just report it"... I'm a sucker for that. I honestly don't think I've ever reported a post in my life, even those which were full-on personal attacks on me (the Camel56 types - though that may have been before your time). If I see something that angers me, I respond myself. I realise that may not always be the best course of action in hindsight, but sadly it doesn't often occur to me at the time. James did have a quiet word with me about it once, but only once, and there have been a hundred occasions where such things have happened so I've always presumed it's no biggie.

I also do think that the likes of pasag, Dasa, Jono, adhar, ss, myself, etc. having a bash at such comments does achieve something - see Fusion's post a bit further down that thread. If it's just reported and no-one responds, there's a good chance that the Pakistani posters will presume everyone thinks such comments are acceptible, and to lose people like Fusion, FRAZ, Np10, sp713, etc. from the site would be a great shame. If they realise with no room for doubt that plenty of us have contempt for such tactics, it justifiably gives them more heart than otherwise.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
exactly, there a more PAKISTANI PLAYERS in that list BECAUSE PAKISTAN (TEAM) does well in those situations AS A TEAM.

Look all those players belong to the same era 90's-00's
Which actually only suggests that Pakistan have had a group of players common to the one thing rather than anything else...