• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allan Border Medal Predictions?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Allan Border Medal: Mike Hussey

Test player of the Year: Ricky Ponting

ODI Player of the Year: Michael Hussey

State player of the Year: Ben Hilfenhaus

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think hussey has done everything humanly possible in both forms of the game in the last 2 seasons. Ponting got the medal last year so i guess its about time huss gets his share of appreciation for all that he has done.
Like Ponting hasn't??? He's been equally awesome, if not moreso in the test arena.

oz_fan

International Regular
Allan Border Medal: Ricky Ponting

Test player of the Year: Ricky Ponting

ODI Player of the Year: Michael Hussey

State player of the Year: Ben Hilfenhaus

Bradman young cricketer of the Year: Ben Hilfenhaus

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
State Player of the Year: Chris Rogers.

Doubt it could be Hilfenhaus. He'll win young player of the year, though.

pasag

RTDAS
Ponting gets the ODI player of the year.
Ben Hilfenhaus gets the Bradman young cricketer of the year
State player of the year is Chris Rogers
Ponting gets the Test match player of the year

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Brutally boring in parts. It was nearly something like 1130 when they decided to start with the Test player award, not to mention the AB award. Nicholas was quite good, but all the tributes were abit meh, really just stuff that's been shown before in the cricket show. The highlight for me was the old footage of Richie. Love watching that stuff.

Also Bracken finishing at 8th for the one-day awards is criminal imo.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
Lots of blondes in dresses that they designed themselves - sure No Idea and Womans Day will have plenty of pics if you missed them. The mags might even have instructions on how to knit your own cricketers wife, or crochet yuor own player of the year award.

I gave up watching after Richie's speech - which was very good. Thought it might be a downhill run from there. Phil Tuffnel - did we have to have him again? Andrew Symonds was very funny - should have had the job Michael Slater had last night - would have made a better job of it. No surprises re Ricky Ponting.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well earnt by Ponting but Bracken finishing so low in the ODI player of the year was utterly ridiculous.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Lots of blondes in dresses that they designed themselves - sure No Idea and Womans Day will have plenty of pics if you missed them. The mags might even have instructions on how to knit your own cricketers wife, or crochet yuor own player of the year award.

Hahaha.

Seriously, I think Mitchell Johnson was the only cricketer there with a non-blonde. She was quite attractive too.

He's my new favourite bowler, just quietly.

Edit: Jason Gillespie's wife is a brunette. That's two.

burr

State Vice-Captain
OMG, really, why are they all blonde? Are cricketer's that shallow? Yeah, I think Mitchell and his gf were the most interesting couple. I like Mitchell Johnson. OMG that was hilarious, Michael Clarke and Lara Bingle, they had like zero chemistry, he was afraid to touch her. It's like they're just using each other for the publicity. He really is a tool.

That tribute made me all emotional - I miss Marto, why couldn't he have come?

howardj

International Coach
That tribute made me all emotional - I miss Marto, why couldn't he have come?
Yeah, it's sad that Marto didn't show. He's kind of making himself into a bit of an outcast. It's one thing being a man of mystery, but another just being plain weird.

howardj

International Coach
I predict that not even Mark Nicholas could polish this ugly bitch (i.e. Australia's last 12 months) up tonight.

howardj

International Coach
Mark Taylor to be inducted into the Hall of Fame tonight.

For mine, the Hall of Fame should be very exclusive. The province of the creme-de la - creme. To that end, I don't think Tubs belongs. He averaged just 42 with the bat and, although praised for his tactical nouse, never actually won a series on the subcontinent or against South Africa. He had, at his disposal Warne, McGrath, and the best years of the Waugh boys.

I make him sound like a useless prick! He certainly wasn't that. Just not worthy, IMO, of Hall of Fame status.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If Twatto doesn't win it then it would suggest the selectors have taken an over-ride option on the award and I suspect it'll got Doherty.