• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ultimate All Time XI's

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone picks their own all time teams whether it be their own Country or mixed. We've already have the Benaud and Bradman XI's posted on the forum and it might be interesting to find the picks of other well known former players.

I challenge anyone to find a funnier All Time XI than the England one chosen by Bob Willis.:laugh:

1. Graham Gooch
2. Marcus Trescothick
3. Michael Vaughan (capt)
4. Robin Smith
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. Alec Stewart (wicketkeeper)
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Darren Gough
9. Steve Harmison
10. Monty Panesar
11. Matthew Hoggard

You'll probably think I made this up so here's the link

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Nothing wrong with that. He said he's only going to put the players he's seen live in it, and it's not that if you think about the criteria.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The fact that it only includes players from matches shown live on Sky might get uncle Bob off the hook a bit, but it shows how few real class players we've produced in those 17 years.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Look I know England has been used to Giles for a while now, but should Monty be in any all time side? He wouldn't even make the all time turban side.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
In Bob's defence, it's the ridiculously titled "All Time" XI since 1989-90, when Sky started covering England Test matches.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone picks their own all time teams whether it be their own Country or mixed. We've already have the Benaud and Bradman XI's posted on the forum and it might be interesting to find the picks of other well known former players.

I challenge anyone to find a funnier All Time XI than the England one chosen by Bob Willis.:laugh:

1. Graham Gooch
2. Marcus Trescothick
4. Robin Smith
5. Kevin Pietersen
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Darren Gough
9. Steve Harmison
10. Monty Panesar
11. Matthew Hoggard

Surely he must mean the best team since he retired in the mid-80s ...look at the side ..they are all 1990s + players

Salamuddin

International Debutant

1. Graham Gooch
2. Marcus Trescothick
4. Robin Smith
5. Kevin Pietersen
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Darren Gough
9. Steve Harmison
10. Monty Panesar
11. Matthew Hoggard

A funnier England X1 than that..............easy !!!

Mark Ramprakash
Mickey Atherton
MikE Gatting
Rikki Clarke
Ronnie Irani
Antony McGrath
Geraint Jones
Jeremy Snape
Shaun Udal
Liam Plunkett
Ed Giddins

average2poor

Cricket Spectator
Oh an Ronni Irani,........that guy cracked me up, very entertaining......it was like he was bowling in the highlights, all the time!