• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could bring in one thing and one thing only?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lillian Thomson said:
Some people are interpreting it as bringing back something from the past. Uncovered wickets are a non-starter, the only place that would be interesting is England, in Australia sticky wickets are unplayable.
If we're talking about bringing in something entirely new I would suggest a best of three arm-wrestling contest to replace the toss in order to remove the luck element.:smartass:
Graeme Smith vs. Freddy would be awesome :cool:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Salamuddin said:
ARe you sure ? Cos...the averages of POnting, hayden and Gulchrist wouldn't look so pretty then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The rose tinted glasses of backward looking fans never ceases to amaze me

Imagine McGrath on dodgy wickets, with more regular new balls, substantial rest between matches, benefit of a rest day etc

Basically unplayable

Ohh wait a minute - 555 wickets @ 21 basically indicates that anway

Today's best players are great and would SLAUGHTER the amateurs of yesterday in virtually any circumstance

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tbh I don't think those were rose tinted glasses of backward looking fans. Rather anti-Aussie bias.

Craig

World Traveller
social said:
The rose tinted glasses of backward looking fans never ceases to amaze me

Imagine McGrath on dodgy wickets, with more regular new balls, substantial rest between matches, benefit of a rest day etc

Basically unplayable

Ohh wait a minute - 555 wickets @ 21 basically indicates that anway

Today's best players are great and would SLAUGHTER the amateurs of yesterday in virtually any circumstance
Now that is hypothetical and you know it.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Salamuddin said:
ARe you sure ? Cos...the averages of POnting, hayden and Gulchrist wouldn't look so pretty then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
lol they'd be lower but i still think they'd be very respectable.. but who knows? thats why i chose it

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd bring back the six Test Ashes series of days gone by. That way, we wouldn't have lost the urn just yet - not until Friday anyway! Or tomorrow I suppose.