• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20/20 Cricket Poll - How many like it ?

20/20 Cricket Poll

• Total voters

Fiery

Banned
Test cricket may be slow but it's far from boring. When I watch a game I concentrate on how the players are looking and judging if there up for it I see who's batting first and try judging how they'll get on. Theres some top quality cricket in test cricket. Twenty-twenty although a fun evening game has very sloppy play and players hardly get time to get into there stride, sometimes there is good cricket in the twenty twenty but its not the same as normal test match cricket. In my inexperienced opinion I bielieve twenty-twenty cricket was brought into the modern cricket scene to try and incourage young talent to enter the game by showing young people how fun cricket can be. In my particular area cricket still isnt popular, people enjoy doing it in physical education lessons were they have to play but there is hardly anyone who is geunuinly willing to take up cricket. Football remains the dominant sport but what I cant understand is there are people who take up football as there sport and shun all other sports. That is what most kids are doing these days. Mainly because football is a fast fun game, this is why (I bielieve) Twenty-twenty cricket was brought in for. To atract younger fans into cricket. Twenty-twenty has potential but it lets itself down by the sloppy play which we witness. In my opinion I wouldnt mind twenty-twenty being changed to a thirty-thirty which will allow more quality cricket being played and will still be shorter than watching a one day international all day.
Good post cdm :thumbsup:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, took me ages to realise this was a dug thread... and very much AWTA, too... is this the week when cdm has come of age? :cool:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I'm a bit meh about it. But I don't hate it. I think it'd be good at a lower level I.E. juniors up to domestic. But having multiple-match series to go with ODI's is annoying. As series openers, I don't mind as much. The occasional Twenty/20 cup would be alright if they include a large number of development countries.

But hopefully it'll stay as the least played of all formats.
About the same for me. I think it could be used well at a junior level to attract lots of new people to the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aseem and John... they have but one thing in common.

Aseem, though, as you said, really was an amazing case. From terrible to first-rate virtually overnight. Looking back at some of his old stuff (I only returned after the reformation) really was a :jawdrop: excercise, TBH.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I don't hate it, because for me cricket is cricket no matter what the form!

However, I don't take it seriously, I just take it as a form of entertainment...
same here...Its a bit of fun but i do expect the players to play it properly and not just be out there for the money.....but if my team lose, i wont care too much TBH..

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not so much after an award just not wanting to be a dire dickhead.
Thought I read in the latest Awards thread that you were very keen to get an Award during the next lot. Either way, it's good to see you making some good posts. Keep it up mate.

cover drive man

International Captain
Thought I read in the latest Awards thread that you were very keen to get an Award during the next lot. Either way, it's good to see you making some good posts. Keep it up mate.
I am keen for an award but I dont post with effort in the hope of winning a award. Thaks for the compliment:)