• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Geraint's run out and the spirit of the game

Were Australia right to run out Geraint?

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I didn't see the Geraint dismissal but from what I have read, it is completely diff. and this is just a stupid thread.

Craig

World Traveller
I've said it once and I will say it a thousand times - You snooze you lose, and that applies for both Geriant Jones and Muttiah Muralitharan.

Sorry but Murali has been in cricket long enough to know the rules and the ball was still being thrown back so it is entirely his own fault.

howardj

International Coach
Both were out.

Fair enough in both cases.

It's top level cricket - not kiddies matches on a Saturday morning ffs.

Craig

World Traveller
Barney Rubble said:
He should only get the MBE if Geraint gets dropped, though. For services to English cricket.
You know this what I find so friggin' funny.

How short people's memory's are, go back a few years ago when he came into the side and he was doing well, not a word was said anow he is instaly useless, ie 10 other guys could do a better job then he ever could and the same when forum member wpdavid described Harmison as a terminal no hoper in the Ashes forum, I thought and said so everything up to now means nothing? And you weren't saying that when he took the catch to get rid of Michael Kasprowicz at Edgbatson last year.

Hypocritical.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This might have been mentioned elsewhere but during the Perth test Ian Chappell raised the point that if Brendon McCullum had not taken the stumping then Stephen Fleming should have given him a kick.

The test arena is not a charity, I agree with him.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Both should have had the presence of mind to stay in their crease until it was safe. Most batsmen, after deciding not to run when the ball is nearby, usually try and get back into their crease ASAP so they don't get stumped or run out.

Jones was lazy.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
How short people's memory's are, go back a few years ago when he came into the side and he was doing well, not a word was said anow he is instaly useless,
Apart from those people he did criticise his selection of course...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
should've thought neil got his answer by now....the poll is pretty conclusive...:laugh:

ripper868

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
Is it written into the laws of cricket that a stumping can only be performed by the keeper?
This wasnt a stumping though...the ball has come forwards off the batsmen who is out of his crease....i dont see it as any different to when hussey tried to run out KP, that was quick thinking...by both of them.