• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lee's Back

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well I hope so He is bowling exeptionaly for NSW Against Tasmania.

In the first innings he took 5/63 witch should have been a seven for if not for some drops.

In the second innings he has 3/55 of 20 overs and is bowling extremly fast and probably the best line and length I have ever seen from him.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he finished with 10 for the match. Surely the Aussies selectors cant leave him out of the next test. Although Bichel would be very unlucky to be dropped, he did nothing wrong in the first test.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well that bowling performance was Brett Lee of old even more impresive was the fact it was on a slow turning sydney pitch that was offering very little to the quick bowlers.

he hardly bowled a bad ball in ether innings now thats somthing we have not associated with Lee of late but he bowled magnificently.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Good to see! he had never done anything wrong to get dumped from the team so hopefully he can put a few good performances together to get that edge over that third fast bowler . And secure it.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bichel did ok...quite a few edges went through the slips, but Lee back in the team...I reccon England will be happy with that, they plastered him last time.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Rik
Bichel did ok...quite a few edges went through the slips, but Lee back in the team...I reccon England will be happy with that, they plastered him last time.
Do you never learn - last time Hayden was crap as well, and look what happened to him this time?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by Rik
Do you never learn - last time Hayden was crap as well, and look what happened to him this time?
Ya never know ;) it might work ;)

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Well well....The dropping of Lee may have just proved a blessing in disguise for Lee and Australia, he might have really looked up and refound that rythm of old...Hope he does well.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by R_Powell_fan
Well well....The dropping of Lee may have just proved a blessing in disguise for Lee and Australia, he might have really looked up and refound that rythm of old...Hope he does well.
Here's hoping he doesn't ;):D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
If Lee's performance is anything to go buy i think he will be lee-thal at the WACA(Pardon the Pun:P:P)
The wicket will really enhance his pace and i think the poms will struggle....

Top_Cat

Wow, Brett Lee destroyed Tasmania.........damn, give him the Bradman medal already. :D

Bichel should play until the series is won at least. Give him a deent run, particularly as he didn't get a trundle in the second innings.

Simon

Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
If Lee's performance is anything to go buy i think he will be lee-thal at the WACA(Pardon the Pun:P:P)
The Poms are going to struggle anyway.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by broncoman
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
The Poms are going to struggle anyway.
Nice to know you guys living up to your reputations...

Top_Cat

The wicket will really enhance his pace and i think the poms will struggle...
I'm not so sure that's the truth anymore. The WACA was AWFULLY slow last year and to be honest, hasn't been Australia's quickest wicket for a few years now. The MCG is easily our quickest and bounciest wicket these days.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
no the WACA is still a quicker - thats why hussey has struggled abit thgeer so far after coming out from england

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
OOOoooo

lee is back!

that is so a crock of ****

how can you say he is back to his best! It is like me scoring a fifty after get three ducks in a row...

I MUST BE BACK! One performace and he's back, is a true load of...

Steve Waugh for example scores a ton, and then failed to anything in the Ashes Test.

Therefore he might be back but give Bichel or Flemming or Williams or another bowler a shot.