Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Afridi Left Out Of The One Day Squad?!?!?!?!

Banned

Icon8 Afridi Left Out Of The One Day Squad?!?!?!?!

Is it April the first or am I missing something here?

I'm assuming this was either a missprint, they meant he was "dropped" as in a catch that went down (although I can't envisage him not clearing the boundary ever to be honest, but surely even that's still more likely) or that the corrupt Pakistani cricket board have decided to throw the series in advance.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    He stinks. I hope he stays dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    IIRC (without checking) his recent stats aren't actually that good, strangely. I'd imagine it's only temporary and form-based, he'll be back.

Breakout Champion!
    He's almost as rubbish as Shane Watson.

International Captain
    I also thought it must be April 1st when I saw the thread title. I mean how could anybody be stupid enough not to post this in the "Official West Indies in Pakistan" thread?

or actually think that Afridi is any good.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

U19 Captain
    they difintely need afridi after shoaib and asif are not available, pakistan team will lack any firepwer at all to even keep up with most other countries on FLAT tracks which is most likely what we will see in the carebean

Afridi is more then anything a confidence player, hes even mentioned that in alot of his interviews saying that all a boy needs is confidence from the coach and captain that he wont be dropped after 4-5 matches

i think his confidence must be at an all time low especially after eveyone felt he had finally cemented his spot in the team

the onyl way to build ur confidence is score runs and what better place to do that then on flat tracks in pakistan, this is why his omission was strange, if they wanted to drop afridi, he should have been dropped in the trophy and definitely should have played in the test series, the first two pitches were right down his neck

right now its not about who deserves the spot, pakistan NEED afridi to make any sort of a run in the world cup, its in thier best advantage to find a way to bring him back in form

unfortunately, giving him a chance in the S african tour might be the worst thing thats ever happend to him, he is more liely to fail in s african then any other place in the world and the pressure will be huge even if he does get a chance

he deserved to be dropped, but he was dropped for the wrong series, pakistan simply cant hope to make an impression in the worl cup without him so its strange

yeah a guy with a batting average of 11 will really boast the squad

U19 Captain
    why do u care about numbers so much, not playing him in the world cup would be disastraus even if he had averaged 2, hes a diff type of player, u gotta take a chance with him in the world cup

^

What has Afridi done to justify his selection?

U19 Captain
    single handedly won pakistan matches, his quickfire 20-30 can be crucial in odis, HE HAS TO BE in the world cup plans there is no doubt, and im 100% certain he will proove u people wrong

hes not ur normal player, u have to look at him differently, hes always been a gamble, it was only last year that he had some consistency in his game, and he played big roles in some of those matches

he went out of form for various reasons, he changed his style, during the time when he was consistent, he was trying more to play straight but as his form kept getting better, he started to move away, and if u look at his late innings hes been back to the old afridi mode, trying to paly across the line from the get go

thats his problem, and u also have to factor out that most of his struggles have been in england on pitches very different from the west indies or the subcontinent ones

what has sehwag done to justify his position????? yet india cant afford to drop the guy, hes too important to the team and he has to be in thier plans if they want to push for the world cup

afridi is no sehwag, but trust me, he really need to feature in the world cup or pakistan will have NO fire power what so ever except razzaq

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16
    why do u care about numbers so much, not playing him in the world cup would be disastraus even if he had averaged 2

what has sehwag done to justify his position????? yet india cant afford to drop the guy, hes too important to the team and he has to be in thier plans if they want to push for the world cup

afridi is no sehwag, but trust me, he really need to feature in the world cup or pakistan will have NO fire power what so ever except razzaq
    Sehwag hasn't done **** to justify his position. If the Indian selectors are your role models, I pity you.
    India can definitely afford to drop Sehwag and Pakistan can definitely afford to drop Afridi.
    At least Sehwag will score a big one every 10 matches. Afridi will give you a quickfire 30 once every 10 matches. Just a poor man's Sehwag, which is really quite an insult. Good luck.
    Last edited by adharcric; 04-12-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    If a guy doesn't perform he should be dropped, Afridi wasn't performing so Pakistan dropped him.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

why do u care about numbers so much, not playing him in the world cup would be disastraus even if he had averaged 2, hes a diff type of player, u gotta take a chance with him in the world cup

Mind explaining how having in the team averaging 2 wouldn't be more disastrous than leaving him out for someone who can bat and averages say 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information