Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who to look out for

International Vice-Captain

Who to look out for

in the australia under 19's this year.
    Anyone any names any future champs.
    Heard good things about 16 year old allrounder adam coyte brother of scot,bowls fast and bats well.
    Know tassie will have a decent under 19 side wade,jeff wells and j faulkner peter faulkners' son.Heard craig mcdermott's son will be in the qld under 17 side.

Depends how they pick the U/19 side this year. Whether it's just based on the performances in the carnival and becomes an honorary team, like two years ago when the championships were in Melbourne, and outside of that they pick a provisional squad for the next Youth World Cup.

However, assuming that the U/19 side will actually play games, Joel Davies is currently playing for Victoria in the 2nd XI side, along with Michael Hill (who is bottom age U/19), while Simon Keen is still eligible for U/19s this year, and Matt Day will probably do alright. While the spinner Burns (??) is also OK.

Faulkner bowls well for Tassie. And Johnathon (not Jeff) Wells always looks pretty good, although I've never seen him make a big score.

Yeh heard of michael hill a decent batsmen.
    Sorry got a few names wrong but don't know much about these lads.
    I know they have a preliminary squad for the 2008 youth world cup,so they thinking ahead.
    We have the under 19 champs in december and the u 17's in january,as yet no internationals pencilled unto the world cup in 2008.

There was a rumour around that we'd host India in reciprocation after the Aus side went there for the WC preparation. I'd hazard a guess that the same process as last time would occur then - after this season's National Carnival, they'll pick an U/18 squad, and have a few camps. Then select a team to play against India.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    cricketweb's own Isaac Ling

Would that be tests and/or one dayers vic.
    The india under 19 is a good side 1 of the best good team to guage your propgress against.
    Faulkner did well in the just finished 2nd xl game took a 3 or 4 for.
    Wade plays regularly with tas 3nd xl and with his hong kong brings a lot of xperience to the side could well be captain.

Banned
    Coyte is decent but is a far way off U19's I would think possibly in witha shout of the 17's he is only playing 3rd Grade But saying that promising.

Keen is a good cricketer year or two before he could be making his way into NSW 2nds

They picked moises henriques at 17 for the youth world cup so you never know he is a genuine allrounder apaprently.He was in the under 16 australian team earlier this year and was the star of the side.

The Coyte Family are awesome... They are all stars in the making, including Sarah who constantly puts in big performances..

Banned
    but saying that I think it is highly unlikely for Adam to make the U19's as a result of still being in 1st Grade Moises went from Green Shield in U15's to Playing First Grade and it be expected of you to play at the very least 1st Grade and Potentially 2nd XI Cricket or State Cricket.

This lives Adam in a Precarious Position as the matter is he is still in third grade. Still a very good player though.

I watched Scott Coyte last season when he played 1st grade against my brother's side he was a fiery character but bowled very well but sometimes strayed it a lot. This Year he came in and bowled on a length beautifally targeting batsmen's weaknesses unlike the previous year where he tried to bowl out and out quick and at the batsmen.

This is possibly something that has improves enormously while in the state squad.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    He's English, but remember the name Sam Northeast.

Also Jean Symes, he's a South African, but remember him too.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Jean Symes has been carving up in South African domsetic cricket. Made some big scores.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    The Coyte Family are awesome... They are all stars in the making, including Sarah who constantly puts in big performances..
    Yeah, Russell is a pretty impressive bushman.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

I know scott went to the youth world cup 3 years ago,and he also opens for campbelltown sometimes dunno how succssful he is tho at opening, his bowling is good at least.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    There is a 19 year old guy playing club cricket in Southland called Shaun Fitzgibbon, he is a wicket keeper batsman and has been selected in the Southland cricket team for the last couple of years. I think he will play for the Black Caps one day, amazingly talented.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information