• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

favourite bowler during the 90's

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My three favourites were Cork, Donald and Fraser, then daylight.

I also loved Ambrose, Gough, Bishop and Waqar Younis.

Since 2000 I came to love Chaminda Vaas, too, of course, every bit as much as the opening three.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Warne and Ambrose were the two I enjoyed watching the most.

Had soft spots for plenty of other bowlers though...

Interesting only one mention of Murali so far :mellow:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thing about Murali is that in the 1990s he was merely good - and because Lanka's Tests were rarely covered outside one's own country in those days he had something of an air of mystery about him too.

The first time I think it really struck Planet Cricket that he was something very, very special was as late as 1998, and The Oval. I remember that only too well. :dry:

Julian87

State Captain
Shane Warne, Stuart Macgill, Michael Bevan, Mark Waugh, Adam Dale, Anthony Stuart, Mushtaq Ahmed and Symcox.

Swervy

International Captain
Warne, Murali,Gillespie,Bishop,Ambrose, Akram, Craig White,Gus Fraser, Goughy, Chris Cairns and oddly Dion Nash

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne, Stuart Macgill, Michael Bevan, Mark Waugh, Adam Dale, Anthony Stuart, Mushtaq Ahmed and Symcox.
What ?? :shocking:
Mushtaq and Symcox ??:jawdrop:
Impossible !!

A strongly recommend Gavin Robertson and Bradley young - both eminently eligible and ......psst... they are Aussies:naughty:

pup11

International Coach
It would be Warne for me because there was hardly a dull moment when he used to bowl so he was a really interesting player to watch from a viewers point of view, Donald, Akram and Ambrose are other bowler whom i really enjoyed watching because they all were damn aggressive fast-bowlers and they really had some great battles with some great batsmen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
indeed, used to really enjoy watching him when he was on top of his game
indeed, used to really enjoy watching him when he was on top of his game
Had always thought you were amongst Fuller's crowd who bash-on about the "Richard rates him better than McGrath" nonsense.

I used to enjoy watching him at the top of his game, too, but he didn't really hit it until 2000.