• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future of Cricket, suggestion to the ICC

Do you agree?

• Yes with all of it.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Yes with most of it.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Yes with some of it.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No, I don't agree with any of the ideas.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
These are players of my standard. I am irreparably talentless. I have difficulty seeing Rikki Clarke bowling from the cover boundary. Facing Brett Lee from 22 yards there is no hope. They will also be bowling 60-70mph wobblers and will go at 20 per over.
ok that's why i re-agranged the match up..thank you for your resource(is it up to date though)... and if they get hit 20 per over there's chance that much sloging is going to bring wickets...again i stress there's going to be be mismatches in very sport get over it please, but you have to give the minows chance to play with the big league in some form of the game(it's not like leting them get kill in a 50 over match or a test)...plus you don't know who's going to win in 20/20 for sure if it starts....

LA ICE-E

State Captain
howardj said:
Mate you've had a shocker

The thread's a train wreck

Pull your head in
aight i guess can't have everyone agree with me can i....there's has to be some critic...well how is it a train wreck...back you word up...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Look, I've been one of the staunchest defenders of the minnows' Test and International status and involvement in the World Cup on this website for the last four and a half years. Staggered involvement at the right level at the right pace is the way forward - the InterContinental Cup, the 'A' team tours, involvement in neighbouring countries' competitions; they're all happening now.

You can't throw a nine year old off the side of an ocean liner and expect that to teach him to swim.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Look, I've been one of the staunchest defenders of the minnows' Test and International status and involvement in the World Cup on this website for the last four and a half years. Staggered involvement at the right level at the right pace is the way forward - the InterContinental Cup, the 'A' team tours, involvement in neighbouring countries' competitions; they're all happening now.

You can't throw a nine year old off the side of an ocean liner and expect that to teach him to swim.
tell you the truth i learned to swim when im brother threw me into the pool but i get your point..the teams are going to get some experience by 2009 from the intercontinetal cups and the A teams tour, plus its not ODI its 20/20 and its not round ribbon tournament when a team has to play pointless matches...if a certaint team cant handle it they go home...the worst that can happen is they get killed but all that will over in max 3 hours...give it a chance...

Last edited:

SA

Banned
LA ICE-E said:
ok that's why i re-agranged the match up..thank you for your resource(is it up to date though)... and if they get hit 20 per over there's chance that much sloging is going to bring wickets...again i stress there's going to be be mismatches in very sport get over it please, but you have to give the minows chance to play with the big league in some form of the game(it's not like leting them get kill in a 50 over match or a test)...plus you don't know who's going to win in 20/20 for sure if it starts....
There's no chance that these minnows can win against any of the test playing nation.But even if we suppose that what u're saying is true & a 20/20 tournament is played based on your suggestions,lets say Spain beats West Indies(it would be a fluke win even if these teams really meet in such tournament in next 100 years atlest),then what would happen is they will demand test status,just as Bangladesh did after their fluke victory against Pakistan in 1999 World Cup.And I won't be surprised if they managed to get idiots to suppot them(just like BCCI in the case of Bangladesh).Since test status,Bangaldesh haven't won a single test against any of the top 8 test playing nations and many current/former cricketers often demand to get rid of them.Imagine teams like Spain & Finland playing test cricket.That will just ruin test cricket.So,please spare us your idiotics,Sir.

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
SA said:
There's no chance that these minnows can win against any of the test playing nation.But even if we suppose that what u're saying is true & a 20/20 tournament is played based on your suggestions,lets say Spain beats West Indies(it would be a fluke win even if these teams really meet in such tournament in next 100 years atlest),then what would happen is they will demand test status,just as Bangladesh did after their fluke victory against Pakistan in 1999 World Cup.And I won'tbe surprised if they managed to get idiots to suppot them(just like BCCI in the case of Bangladesh).Since test status,Bangaldesh haven't won a single test against any of the top 8 test playing nations and many current/former cricketers often demand to get rid of them.Imagine teams like Spain & Finland playing test cricket.That will just ruin test cricket.So,please spare us your idiotics,Sir.
ok first sir, if you read the whole thing it said if you did good in 20/20 then you get ODI status and geuss what as off right now 6 associates got ODI status, and secondly bangladesh won their 1st test after 5 years of getting their test status but New Zealand got their 1st win after 26 years of getting it now look how they are competing...and look bangladesh almost won against australia and pakistan and india on their 1st test...they just can't finish it off because of inexperience in tests.....sir you got to stop being a critic of the minow or the game will never expand and it can't stay a global sport with ten teams in the long term...So,please spare us your idiotics, sir:smartass:

Last edited:

Tasi

Cricket Spectator
You got some great idea's and it would be great if a 20/20 world cup replaced the bogus champions trophy but i didn't know they gave a trophy for best test team. Well that would be good idea though.:)

Tasi

Cricket Spectator
SA said:
There's no chance that these minnows can win against any of the test playing nation.But even if we suppose that what u're saying is true & a 20/20 tournament is played based on your suggestions,lets say Spain beats West Indies(it would be a fluke win even if these teams really meet in such tournament in next 100 years atlest),then what would happen is they will demand test status,just as Bangladesh did after their fluke victory against Pakistan in 1999 World Cup.And I won'tbe surprised if they managed to get idiots to suppot them(just like BCCI in the case of Bangladesh).Since test status,Bangaldesh haven't won a single test against any of the top 8 test playing nations and many current/former cricketers often demand to get rid of them.Imagine teams like Spain & Finland playing test cricket.That will just ruin test cricket.So,please spare us your idiotics,Sir.
Excuse you but you have no right to put Bangladesh down.

SA

Banned
LA ICE-E said:
ok first sir, if you read the whole thing it said if you did good in 20/20 then you get ODI status and geuss what as off right now 6 associates got ODI status, and secondly bangladesh won their 1st test after 5 years of getting their test status but New Zealand got their 1st win after 26 years of getting it now look how they are competing...and look bangladesh almost won against australia and pakistan and india on their 1st test...they just can't finish it off because of inexperience in tests.....sir you got to stop being a critic of the minow or the game will never expand and it can't stay a global sport with ten teams in the long term...So,please spare us your idiotics, sir:smartass:
New Zealand played around 20 test matches in those 26 years,please tell me how many did Bangladesh lose before winning their 1st Test & that too against a minnow Zimabwe.And the Pakistan Team against which u're saying Bangladesh almost won was not even 1/3 as strong as their current team is.They had recently lost greats like Saeed Anwar,Wasim Akram & Waqar Younis which used to make up more than 50% strength of their team.Moreover,there's hell of a difference between "winning" & "almost winning".Its a fact that Bangladesh never deserved Test Status,& even since getting that,they've only improved to the extent that they can easily win against other minnows but lose miserably against the top 8 test playing nations.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
LA ICE-E said:
that's probably not true about this thread but it's sure true about you:cool:....now stop ...

Come off it, even 5 year olds no long say "same to you with knobs on". :laugh:
Although you gets plus marks for persistance considering the thread has had only about 3 serious replies and one person even gave the ultimate insult of accusing you of being Malcolm Speed. This is either a very clever troll or cricket's version of David Icke.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
C one person even gave the ultimate insult of accusing you of being Malcolm Speed.
actually now that's not the ultimate insult because he's doing a ok job as the icc ceo...now lil kid F*** off...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
SA said:
New Zealand played around 20 test matches in those 26 years,please tell me how many did Bangladesh lose before winning their 1st Test & that too against a minnow Zimabwe.And the Pakistan Team against which u're saying Bangladesh almost won was not even 1/3 as strong as their current team is.They had recently lost greats like Saeed Anwar,Wasim Akram & Waqar Younis which used to make up more than 50% strength of the team.Moreover,there's hell of a difference between "winning" & "almost winning".Its a fact that Bangladesh never deserved Test Status,& even since getting that,they've only improved to the extent that they can easily win against other minnows but lose miserably against the top 8 test playing nations.
So that team they almost won against wasn't a Pakistan team? It doesn't matter if pakistan is stronger now at that time that was the pakistan team... i know there's a difference between winning and almost winning but what do you call beating Australia last year sir? yeah it was ODI and there's difference between test and ODI but before getting test status that would have never happened.. and ok New Zealand got 20 tests before winning well bangladesh is 16 tests behind...

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
That's confirm's it..........complete loonie.:laugh:
so you could do a better job? i don't see you aplying for the job...if you think he's doing a wack job..im sure if you applyed they would just hand the job over to you since you are so much better huh:gathering

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
LA ICE-E said:
so you could do a better job? i don't see you aplying for the job...if you think he's doing a wack job..im sure if you applyed they would just hand the job over to you since you are so much better huh:gathering

Okay you've finally bored me into submission, I'll be amazed if your wonderful ideas haven't been fully embraced by the entire cricketing world within a week.:sleep:

SA

Banned
LA ICE-E said:
So that team they almost won against wasn't a Pakistan team? It doesn't matter if pakistan is stronger now at that time that was the pakistan team... i know there's a difference between winning and almost winning but what do you call beating Australia last year sir? yeah it was ODI and there's difference between test and ODI but before getting test status that would have never happened.. and ok New Zealand got 20 tests before winning well bangladesh is 16 tests behind...
Whatever,but Bangladesh are not even half as good as what Zimbabwe was in 1990s.It'll take bangladesh a 100 years atleast to produce a crickter like Andy Flower.Even Heath Streak was 10 times better than the best bowler Bangladesh has ever produced.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Okay you've finally bored me into submission, I'll be amazed if your wonderful ideas haven't been fully embraced by the entire cricketing world within a week.:sleep:
that's why out of 16 that voted 14 of them agree with the ideas some what?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
SA said:
Whatever,but Bangladesh are not even half as good as what Zimbabwe was in 1990s.It'll take bangladesh a 100 years atleast to produce a crickter like Andy Flower.Even Heath Streak was 10 times better than the best bowler Bangladesh has ever produced.
yes but bangladesh does still have talent-Ashraful, Nafess was nominted for emering play of the year etc, and bangladeshs U19 team is pretty good...and that would never happen without getin test status because there would be less funding and bangladesh has the crowd that would back it up by going to its matches....kenya did prety good in the world cup and should have test status but they dont have the public support and people doesnt go to its matches...

SA

Banned
LA ICE-E said:
that's why out of 16 that voted 14 of them agree with the ideas some what?
All those 14 people are kidding,thats what these peple at CW usually do when same is talking utter rubbish.It'll take u a good few weeks of posting to know all these things.