Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes with all of it.

19 35.19%
  • Yes with most of it.

13 24.07%
  • Yes with some of it.

12 22.22%
  • No, I don't agree with any of the ideas.

10 18.52%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Future of Cricket, suggestion to the ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    CricketEurope.net
    can you give me the exact link please
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E
    so you dont think netherlands vs australia is mismatch, thats going to happen in the up coming world cup? or what about Switzerland vs Tago,Argentina vs Serbia and Montenegro, England vs Trinidad and Tobago in fifa ofcorse it is but you still have to give the underdogs a chance to perticipate
    The games you mention in the quote all involve teams that have qualified for major international football competitions. Its a misnomer to call them ungerdogs.

An Australia v Finland cricket game is like Brazil vs Vatican City in soccer.

The defintion of an underdog is a team with a less than 50% chance of winning. Some of the cricket games mentioned have teams with 0% chance of winning. Impossible to market.
    Last edited by Goughy; 18-11-2006 at 04:27 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson
    Of course my thread wasn't as funny as the nonsense in this thread, but at least it was attempting to raise money for charity.
    why dont you bother someone else okay little kid your trying to be funny but because you don't use any common sense, you didn't get the cue to stop cause your not helping..
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 18-11-2006 at 05:35 PM.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    The games you mention in the quote all involve teams that have qualified for major international football competitions. Its a misnomer to call them ungerdogs.

An Australia v Finland cricket game is like Brasil vs Vatican City in soccer.

The defintion of an underdog is a team with a less than 50% chance of winning. Some of the cricket games mentioned have teams with 0% chance of winning. Impossible to market.
    you cant say any team has 0% chance to win in any given sport and specially not in 20/20...plus the 1st round of the world is full of mismatches but you cant expand the sport being a critic about the minnows if you dont give them chances to play with the big league how are they going to compete and get better? plus its not like we are puting the 32nd team vs the 1st team in a ODI match or in the world cup, its twenty20 it will be over quickly and the underdogs do have some chance to win no matter how critical you are of them... no barsil vs vatican city wouldn be the same because im not saying every member of the icc is going to compete in the tournament its going to be the top 32 out of 97 and im not even sure vatican city is a member of fifa and but here's the thing unlike the world cups of any given sport...and what ever match you call a mismatch...all these mismatches would be done in about 8 days and the tournament in 16 days....
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 18-11-2006 at 09:00 PM.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

look at hong kong they beat England in the Sixes and if you say thats different than so is Twenty20
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

International Coach
    why dont you bother someone else okay little kid your trying to be funny but because you don't use any common sense, you didn't get the cue to stop cause your not helping..
    Unfortunately this thread is so embarrassing that it's beyond help.

Interesting idea - and a 20/20 WC would be far better than the Champions' trophy. I just wonder if 20/20 has took off in India (which is obviously the main TV matket). If I'm right India are lukewarm just now (I don't think they are playing a 20/20 in England next year -they are playing seven ODIs - too many IMO). But the plan's well thought out - and at least the mismatxhes would be short (and good teams can produce 20/20 mismatches too - remember the Rose Bowl in 2005) . Finland might do better than 37-7!!
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    Ian Botham, Freddie Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen, Brian Laudrup, Gazza and Daniela Hantuchova....a fan of you all FOREVER!!!
    Can't wait to see Australia field a crap leg-spinner like Hollland or Hohns again.....
    Congratulations to Daniela Hantuchova on her 3rd career title....
    Bob Woolmer 1948-2007..farewell to the best coach England never had...
    Arise Sir Beefy....
    Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb...

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    you cant say any team has 0% chance to win in any given sport and specially not in 20/20...plus the 1st round of the world is full of mismatches but you cant expand the sport being a critic about the minnows if you dont give them chances to play with the big league how are they going to compete and get better? plus its not like we are puting the 32nd team vs the 1st team in a ODI match or in the world cup, its twenty20 it will be over quickly and the underdogs do have some chance to win no matter how critical you are of them... no barsil vs vatican city wouldn be the same because im not saying every member of the icc is going to compete in the tournament its going to be the top 32 out of 97 and im not even sure vatican city is a member of fifa and but here's the thing unlike the world cups of any given sport...and what ever match you call a mismatch...all these mismatches would be done in about 8 days and the tournament in 16 days....
    These are players of my standard. I am irreparably talentless. I have difficulty seeing Rikki Clarke bowling from the cover boundary. Facing Brett Lee from 22 yards there is no hope. They will also be bowling 60-70mph wobblers and will go at 20 per over.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson
    Unfortunately this thread is so embarrassing that it's beyond help.
    that's probably not true about this thread but it's sure true about you....now stop ...
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 19-11-2006 at 07:36 AM.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poker Boy
    Interesting idea - and a 20/20 WC would be far better than the Champions' trophy. I just wonder if 20/20 has took off in India (which is obviously the main TV matket). If I'm right India are lukewarm just now (I don't think they are playing a 20/20 in England next year -they are playing seven ODIs - too many IMO). But the plan's well thought out - and at least the mismatxhes would be short (and good teams can produce 20/20 mismatches too - remember the Rose Bowl in 2005) . Finland might do better than 37-7!!
    india's going to the 20/20 championship next year and they i think have or had already a 20/20 domestic league.... and yeah exactly that's im trying to say the stronger team might try to slog every single ball and get out... in 20/20 you cant be hundred percent sure which team is going to win before the match...any thing can happen...
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 19-11-2006 at 07:35 AM.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Mate you've had a shocker

The thread's a train wreck

Pull your head in

These are players of my standard. I am irreparably talentless. I have difficulty seeing Rikki Clarke bowling from the cover boundary. Facing Brett Lee from 22 yards there is no hope. They will also be bowling 60-70mph wobblers and will go at 20 per over.
    ok that's why i re-agranged the match up..thank you for your resource(is it up to date though)... and if they get hit 20 per over there's chance that much sloging is going to bring wickets...again i stress there's going to be be mismatches in very sport get over it please, but you have to give the minows chance to play with the big league in some form of the game(it's not like leting them get kill in a 50 over match or a test)...plus you don't know who's going to win in 20/20 for sure if it starts....
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Mate you've had a shocker

The thread's a train wreck

Pull your head in
    aight i guess can't have everyone agree with me can i....there's has to be some critic...well how is it a train wreck...back you word up...
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Look, I've been one of the staunchest defenders of the minnows' Test and International status and involvement in the World Cup on this website for the last four and a half years. Staggered involvement at the right level at the right pace is the way forward - the InterContinental Cup, the 'A' team tours, involvement in neighbouring countries' competitions; they're all happening now.

You can't throw a nine year old off the side of an ocean liner and expect that to teach him to swim.

Look, I've been one of the staunchest defenders of the minnows' Test and International status and involvement in the World Cup on this website for the last four and a half years. Staggered involvement at the right level at the right pace is the way forward - the InterContinental Cup, the 'A' team tours, involvement in neighbouring countries' competitions; they're all happening now.

You can't throw a nine year old off the side of an ocean liner and expect that to teach him to swim.
    tell you the truth i learned to swim when im brother threw me into the pool but i get your point..the teams are going to get some experience by 2009 from the intercontinetal cups and the A teams tour, plus its not ODI its 20/20 and its not round ribbon tournament when a team has to play pointless matches...if a certaint team cant handle it they go home...the worst that can happen is they get killed but all that will over in max 3 hours...give it a chance...
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 19-11-2006 at 07:49 AM.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information