Thread: just wondering ????

Cricket Spectator

just wondering ????

I was wondering if Martin Love will ever get back into the aussie test squad. He's an awesome pura cup batter for qld.

Last time he played for aussie in a test against bangladesh he scored 100 not out

he's played 5 tests 8 innings 233 runs 100* h.s. ave 46.60.

he's an awesome batter and good fielder. (i know australian got a lot of good players in the squad. but i reckon sometimes this dude get's over look.

another future aussie batter i reckon will be chris rogers and Marcus north will be future excellent test players for aussies.

look at there averages

north 88 matches 155 innings 6226 runs 239* h.S. ave. 45.11
    rogers 82 matches 148 innings 6841 runs h.s. 319 ave 49.21

Australia got an awesome squad as it is. but i reckon these 3 should get a called up for once.

for bowlers Ak. heal, Tait, gillespie, clark. Moses (nsw player) could be a future candidtor in about 5 yrs but not yet.

I wonder why mcihael bevan didn't get re-contacted for the aussie side

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Bradman was an awesome batsman. Sobers, Hutton, Headley - awesome batsmen. Among today's candidates, Ponting, Tendulkar, Dravid, Lara are awesome batsmen. Love is not an awesome batsman. And I'd be stunned if he ever played for Australia again. He's 32. A lot has to happen before he gets a recall.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Bradman was an awesome batsman. Sobers, Hutton, Headley - awesome batsmen. Among today's candidates, Ponting, Tendulkar, Dravid, Lara are awesome batsmen. Love is not an awesome batsman. And I'd be stunned if he ever played for Australia again. He's 32. A lot has to happen before he gets a recall.
    Liam... Perhaps you were reading a little too much into his use of the word "awesome".

Unfortunately for Love he doesn't have age on his side unlike a few other batsman around. Players that you mentioned, and others such as Michael Clarke are probably in front of Love for a spot.

Also a great deal of Love's runs came against a minnow if I remember correctly.
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    Liam... Perhaps you were reading a little too much into his use of the word "awesome".
    And everyone is reading way too much into the irrelevant portions of my post. It's insane.

Cricket Spectator
    love is a good batter. i reckon he should get a re-call for a test at least. he always scores good runs for the bulls.

symonds got out for duck and watson got 3 this week for qld.

Love is a good batsman, but there are a lot of good batsmen around, and unfortunately, there are better batsmen than him, who are holding their place in the Australian team. Toughest time to be a player striving for Australian selection. The depth (especially of batsmen) is immense. It's just a case of bad luck for Love. He won't get another chance. Bloody good player, though.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    No he won't
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

The consistency of his scoring that used to be so apparent isn't there any more.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    The consistency of his scoring that used to be so apparent isn't there any more.
    There's rumours in these parts that he can't even chalk one up when the ugly lights come on these days.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Good player, not likely to get more game time for Australia.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Thread Information