• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak look to Shabbir after duo banned

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Pakistan will try to resurrect the career of banned pacer Shabbir Ahmed following the doping bans imposed on Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif, an official said on Thursday.

Shabbir has been serving a 12-month ban from the International Cricket Council (ICC) since last December for having an illegal bowling action. The ban repeals this december....

LINK

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So the Akhtar and Asif bans could be a blessing for Shabbir. I still think he can be one of our top bowlers along with Gul. Just needs to keep his action in check at all times. One more slip up could end his career.

FRAZ

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
So the Akhtar and Asif bans could be a blessing for Shabbir. I still think he can be one of our top bowlers along with Gul. Just needs to keep his action in check at all times. One more slip up could end his career.
I guess Sami is the most blessed bowler . Imran , God and the circumstances are working for him superbly tbh !

haroon510

International 12th Man
that is the question. can sami perform well this time? in shabbir's case if he pass the test it would be a big boost for pakistan for the world cup.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Looking at Sami's lips in that picture, I think I just figured out how he's been bowling for Pak team despite his crap average.

FRAZ

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
Looking at Sami's lips in that picture, I think I just figured out how he's been bowling for Pak team despite his crap average.
He eats chalk ! a common kindergarten habbit in Pakistan!

open365

International Vice-Captain
I have serious doubts whether Shabbir could bowl half aswell without being a blatant chucker.

FRAZ

International Captain
Honestly speaking ,It is extremely difficult to get rid of the habbit of Chuking . And actualy IMHO there are 2 different major cases of chuking , One is in which the bowler (usualy fast ) gives a last moment jerk of the hand which enables the hand to bend more than the 15 degrees . The bowler does it either to extract more pace or when tired and wants the wrist and the forearm to do the trick . The other type is where the revolution is absolutely wrong even at the begining (usualy spinners) . The arm doesn't even revovel around the shoulder properly and the the hand straightens itself only at the time of release and this type of chuking is "not even bowling imho"and it is absolutely difiicult to change it .. Shabbir falls in the first category but still it is a natural habbit and though he has changed his action through intense practice and advise but I doubt that he will be 100 % chuk free all the time .. Anyways !!

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree, very good post Fraz. I'd like to see Shabbir back and bowling well because it would be good to see that after doing some rehabilitation work and having a break from the game that he has got his action right...hopefully.