• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond..best average and strike rate in ODI history...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
He is statistically speaking. :p

Bond didn`t seem to go extremely well in the warm-up game. Do you think he`ll struggle on Indian pitches?

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
It is a shame that Bond has ben unable to be seen on the International circuit. I enjoyed watching him a bowler that was just exciting. Not many of them around anymore.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bond is definately one of the most exciting bowlers to watch in ODI's and tests aswell, the way he absolutely terrorises opening batsman with his pace and swing is just great. Especially if your a New Zealander.

Natman20

International Debutant
He said in an interview cant remember what tv show it was but he would rather play one test than all his ODIs combined.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Not totally surprised TBH, with all those 6 wicket hauls he has took added to the fact that he hardly ever gets smashed around, shows how superb a bowler he is.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nnanden said:
Bond didn`t seem to go extremely well in the warm-up game. Do you think he`ll struggle on Indian pitches?
The pitches won't trouble him, it's the heat and humidity that's the problem. He was apparently really uncomfortable in that game, I hope he's acclimatising and will get more comfortable as the tournament progresses.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Bowler..........Matches...Wickets....Strike Rate.....Average...Econ rate

Shane Bond.....45...................87...........26.5............18.63............4.21

versus others!!

Is this a fair comparison?

Bond's stats are at midway stage of his career while most of the others are at the end of theirs. How does one extrapolate Bonds figures as of today to those at the end of his career?

For example even after 60 ODIs Saqlain has a strike rate as low as 26.23 it went below 26 before it went up to 30.4 by the end of his career. His average too at the end of his 60th ODI is identical to Bond's at 18.63.

Waqar's strike rate at the end of his 45th ODI (same stage as Bond) is lower at 26.07 ! It went up later. Even Waqar's average is lower at that stage than Bond's.

Similarly there will be others.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SJS said:
For example even after 60 tests Saqlain has a strike rate as low as 26.23 it went below 26 before it went up to 30.4 by the end of his career. His average too at the end of his 60th test is identical to Bond's at 18.63.
Saqlain's Test SR was not as low as 26.23 after 60 Tests...

I dare say Saqlain never even played 60 Tests...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Saqlain's Test SR was not as low as 26.23 after 60 Tests...

I dare say Saqlain never even played 60 Tests...
OOOOOPS !!

I meant ODI's of course. We ARE talking ODI's right ?

Thanks for pointing out :)

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
These stats done mean a whole lot because most of the leaders on those stats have only played a small amount of games. Easy to get good stats like that.