• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Batsman offered the light and that should be it for the day. Pakistan will be pleased with the day’s work.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Pakistan's performance today was pretty good, although it should be kept in mind that it was a pretty bowler friendly wicket. Gul was quite impressive later on in the day. He bowled some beauts throughout, but he was too inconsistent early on, and ended up being a bit too expensive. Gotta give him full credit for getting out Lara and Mohammad when they looked to be putting on a good stand. Nazir bowled well too, and he was easily the better of the two new ball bowlers early in the day. Still not convinced about him as a long-term prospect though. There was considerable juice in the wicket today, and we'll have to see how he does when conditions are les favorable.

Pakistan don't look to be in too bad of a position right now. This stand between Hafeez and Younis could be crucial at the beggining of the day tommorow. If the wicket's playing anything like it did today, then we could look for Jerome Taylor to have a big role in tommorow's play.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Pakistan's pace men amongst the wickets. Dinesh Ramdin honestly needs to show that he has more than just the sweep shot to use against the spinners because he doesn't play it very well.e

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
nightprowler10 said:
Yeah, he's not banned from such stuff. He just can't play.
The board have used an independent enquiry to find him gulity of taking performance enhancing drugs. They have backed the banning and taken the enquiry's decision. But they then let a player that they have agreed has taken performance enhancing drugs train with the national side? Do you not remember all the fuss about Warne not being able to play in charity games and the like?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Jungle Jumbo said:
The board have used an independent enquiry to find him gulity of taking performance enhancing drugs. They have backed the banning and taken the enquiry's decision. But they then let a player that they have agreed has taken performance enhancing drugs train with the national side? Do you not remember all the fuss about Warne not being able to play in charity games and the like?
Though I don't think there is any regulation preventing Asif from training from the team, I do think it's a bad idea. If he's banned from the team, then he should not be able to participate in any PCB related activity. Let him train on his own. Heck, the PCB can even recemmond a trainer and provide him a training guideline. But until his ban is in effect, he should stay far away from the National Team.

Fusion

Global Moderator
nightprowler10 said:
Am I the only one who finds Alam and Dujon's discussion about whether Lara should take the new ball or not, funny?
Haha. By the way, Alam is too soft spoken to be a commentator IMO. I can barely hear him half the time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I need to watch cricket. Why isn't this on Foxtel damn it :(

They better show India vs. SA. Foxtel have no excuse with the Ashes because Channel 9 have it.