• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most boring batsman in the world

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Historically, Tavare by miles.

Of current times, Richardson was probably the most boring to watch bat.

Oh, and there's me of course, with a 13-over 0* and a 36-ball 2 to my name. My career strike rate (playing 90% 20 or 25 overs) is still probably about 35.

Swervy

International Captain
C_C said:
Clearly none of you guys have ever seen Tavare bat.
:p
In all fairness to Tavare, he was given a job to do in a pretty fragile batting lineup, and he actually did it pretty well.

When given license to be more expressive, he could be as aggressive and effective at scoring fast as many other players

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
I wouldn't Kallis boring as such, when the mood takes him (usually against Zimbabwe or Bangladesh) he can absolutely flay attacks. IIRC he holds the all-time test record for fastest 50 in terms of balls faced. Selfish, but not boring.

If we exclude Dizzy & Hoggy on the grounds that it's not their job to bat I'd say (admirable as he is) Chanderpaul has to be up (or down) there as most tedious to watch.
Not tonight :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have always found Atapattu quite boring.

Also, low scoring or defensive batsman = boring is a a bit misplaced for me. For example, I loved watching Trevor Gripper bat though he wasn't exactly the most agressive player.