• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah goodbye to my channel too, CA have complained to you tube apparently. Oh well.
It's absolutely ridiculous, frankly. How is giving the game more exposure not a good thing for them? It's not like you're stealing your profits or competing with their live broadcasts.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Well my channel is still there, but i'm unable to upload any videos, but not sure whats going on, pretty weird communication.

robelinda

When I started to upload stuff a few weeks ago a few people emailed me and told me that it was likely my channel would be shut down at some point, and that I shouldnt put up any recent India or England stuff. Ive gotten bucketloads of emails from indians saying that they cant find recent India stuff in youtube, because the BCCI shuts them all down.

Leemann

Cricket Spectator
How did CA contact you, and how did they say no to the Haddin/Hussey vids? Just curious.
They didnt contact me they just disabled my Ashes videos. At the moment they've only taken down the two Siddle videos, the rest (including highlights from last year and even Xavier Doherty from 3 weeks ago) are still there. I havent tried uploading anything else so not sure if they are blocking new videos.

robelinda

Oh well. See if you can hassle CA as well, I want to see those Clarke/Ponting tons.
Did they get taken down too? I thought they were still there.

So it seems CA is blocking anyone putting up Ashes stuff from this series, because ive noticed most of the Siddle hat trick vids that were up have all been taken down now too. So I think i'll just continue doing my old stuff, I wasnt going to bother with current stuff anyway. Got hundreds and hundreds of vids still to upload, getting literally 250+ requests per day from everywhere.

Leemann

Cricket Spectator
Did they get taken down too? I thought they were still there.

So it seems CA is blocking anyone putting up Ashes stuff from this series, because ive noticed most of the Siddle hat trick vids that were up have all been taken down now too. So I think i'll just continue doing my old stuff, I wasnt going to bother with current stuff anyway. Got hundreds and hundreds of vids still to upload, getting literally 250+ requests per day from everywhere.
Yeah i thought that as well (in regards to blocking just this Ashes series) but why are they hassling you? What video of yours did they complain about?

robelinda

To be honest, I dont know which ones were taken off, my video count went down by about 8 overnight, so some have been taken down, I did post a vid of the All Star game, that was gone pretty quick. Stick to the older stuff, fine by me. Whatever floats their boat.

robelinda

Nope mine are just gone. Weird eh? I did have a video taken off previously that said 'Matches third party content' though.