• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Man, they picked an absolute drone to play Pataudi. I'd have liked to see more dissent, other than a sullen look and a monotone proclaiming his dissatisfaction.

And absolutely not cool to have Elrond as Jardine (yes I know this came first). I can't stop imagining him with pointy ears.

Chubb

International Regular
Man, they picked an absolute drone to play Pataudi. I'd have liked to see more dissent, other than a sullen look and a monotone proclaiming his dissatisfaction.

And absolutely not cool to have Elrond as Jardine (yes I know this came first). I can't stop imagining him with pointy ears.
The age-old problem of how to show cricket in a dramatic form, with actors, on the small or big screen... it is next to impossible TBH. Just by looking at it I expect the budget for this show was very small, so it was always going to be difficult for them

As regards the acting, I believe that in general the standard of Australian acting is low, I mean Hugo Weaving isn't all that great and he is probably one of the best. A few good actors come out of Australia but not that many.

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
indians made lagan lol..
that was pretty decent except that the hero had to win the match and like typical movies hero was the main guy who win them them match.. and that boundry catch at the end was soo typical indian movies...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
:lol:

This movie is amazing, having a ball watching this.

Everything is so gentlemenish, imagine Sreesanth there in the middle :laugh: .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
:lol:

This movie is amazing, having a ball watching this.

Everything is so gentlemenish, imagine Sreesanth there in the middle :laugh: .
He'd be kicked out the game as he deserves IMO. I'm not as filiopietistic as some, but I certainly recognize the value of the traditional way that sport should be played.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I dunno if this has been posted before, but this is Murali as seen by the super slo-mo:

From YouTube, obv.

My the action for that delivery at about 1.14 minutes looks ordinary doesn't it? :-O Really ordinary. I'm not wishing to open any sort of can of worms here, but I was quite genuinely taken aback.

To redress the balance slightly, here's Muttiah bowling pukka (ie, not the doosra) leg-spin and not looking too shabby at all: Linky.