• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have you got the footage of Cheeqs pulling Brett Lee for six during centre wicket practice back in the late 90's??

Top_Cat

Rob do you have footage of the first session of this match?

1st Test: England v Australia at Birmingham, Jun 5-8, 1997 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Pretty sure this was the start of Channel 9 hatred. For the first time (I think), they didn't show the first session, were showing the Footy Show instead. As the Aussies were losing wickets every few minutes, the tards on the Footy Show were saying "Oh we've just heard the Aussies have lost another wicket....." and making jokes about doing a live cross.

Channel 9 only crossed from the second session, apparently we missed one of the best spells of Test quick bowling ever. :@

robelinda

International Vice-Captain

1st Test: England v Australia at Birmingham, Jun 5-8, 1997 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Pretty sure this was the start of Channel 9 hatred. For the first time (I think), they didn't show the first session, were showing the Footy Show instead. As the Aussies were losing wickets every few minutes, the tards on the Footy Show were saying "Oh we've just heard the Aussies have lost another wicket....." and making jokes about doing a live cross.

Channel 9 only crossed from the second session, apparently we missed one of the best spells of Test quick bowling ever. :@
I didn't miss it! Optus showed the first session of every test live, except for the 3rd test which ABC showed in full because Nein decided to show he tennis instead. We got SLAUGHTERED in that test. Still loved Blewett's ton.

Top_Cat

Any footage would be outstandingly ***.

EDIT: Tubs' ton was a decent knock too, plenty of footage of both of those knocks plus Thorpe's and Nasser's but nothing from the first session!

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

I was there Gough was brilliant and outbowled the other two but Caddick got the best figures. It was a rare day when Devon's radar was ok and the Aussies looked shellshocked to be honest as they didn't expect England to come out firing on all cylinders. Didn't last long though and McGrath and co soon turned the series round. Was probably the best match from an England point of view in all ashes games between 89-05 as it was a rare event of England winning a live rubber.

Highlight for me was Gough getting Blewett out twice in a row, firstly the no ball then the catch.

TC - The Taylor innings was one of the best I have witnessed, was there for 3 of the 4 days of the game and under such pressure to perform like that after so long without a ton showed what a guy he was.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

I was there Gough was brilliant and outbowled the other two but Caddick got the best figures. It was a rare day when Devon's radar was ok and the Aussies looked shellshocked to be honest as they didn't expect England to come out firing on all cylinders. Didn't last long though and McGrath and co soon turned the series round. Was probably the best match from an England point of view in all ashes games between 89-05 as it was a rare event of England winning a live rubber.

Highlight for me was Gough getting Blewett out twice in a row, firstly the no ball then the catch.

TC - The Taylor innings was one of the best I have witnessed, was there for 3 of the 4 days of the game and under such pressure to perform like that after so long without a ton showed what a guy he was.
SPOILERS, FFS.

z