• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team rules in which department?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Turbinator said:
I want your thoughts on which team is the best in each of the different departments. The different departments are Batting, Bowling, Fielding, Fitness, and Mental.

My thoughts......

Batting:.......................Winner - Australia..........................RunnerUp - India

Bowling:.....................Winner - Pakistan....................................RunnerUp - Australia

Fielding:................Winner - Australia..........................................RunnerUp - India (thx to Chappell)

Fitness:.............................Winner - India (look at how much cricket they play and still dont suffer many injuries, India probably has the most packed schedule)..............................RunnerUp - Australia

Mental:.....................Winner - Australia........................................RunnerUp - South Africa/England
How very Asia-centric.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Tests I`m assuming? When fully fit -

Batting: Australia, Pakistan
Bowling: Australia, Pakistan
Fielding: Australia, New Zealand
Fitness: Australia, India
Mentally: Australia, South Africa

On top of the world, baby. :D

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
I'm not really sure Australia are a clear number 1 in fielding. A few years ago, definately, but their fielding has been on the slide for a fair while now IMO.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Sir Redman said:
I'm not really sure Australia are a clear number 1 in fielding. A few years ago, definately, but their fielding has been on the slide for a fair while now IMO.
If you separate catching from fielding, then you're right. Their catching hasn't been that great for a while, but their ground fielding is still excellent.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Dasa said:
If you separate catching from fielding, then you're right. Their catching hasn't been that great for a while, but their ground fielding is still excellent.
Well yes, seeing as catching is quite an important part of fielding I wouldn't say they're far clear of everyone else. Their ground fielding is excellent though, I agree, but I remember seeing a lot of catches dropped by Australia in the last few years, and I don't just mean the Ashes.

R_D

International Debutant
Slats4ever said:
murali and warne

highways/streets/freeways

The rest
Warne's great but Macgill = one trick pony.
So i wouldn't say they are highways ahead of everyone else.

R_D

International Debutant
The guy doesn't seem to have much of variation really. You always see him relying on the big turn to get his wicket. Seems to regularely pitch the ball at around same spot and rip it in.
He doesn't flight the ball much either.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You guys haf commented that India is not that great in batting anymore and heavily rely on dravid and sehwag and that even pak has a better lineup.

Yes guys India set up that huge record of consecutive run chases for no reason rite. Are you forgetting kaif's reliability these days and Yuvraj's great form (not counting the west indies test series). We haf chased down big totals becuz of our middle order and even when are top order failed. Sehwag can provide bolstering start, while dravid, kaif and yuvraj can establish runs in the middle of the innings .......and then dhoni and pathan can come and add close to 65 to 80 in the last ten overs. This is how we haf been able to win most of our games. We still do haf a mighty battign lineup. And now that sachin is bak its a notch better.

And as far as fielding goes, i am assuming u havent seen India's recent series since late 2005. Are fielding was insane throughout, it really was very good. The best indian fielding so far in the history of indian cricket.

And those of u who differ plzz watch this video with the volume high
.................................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDRvTN6Hz4U

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
I agree with adharcric - almost. My selections (ODI):

Batting .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: India
Bowling .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: Pakistan
Pace Bowling .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: Pakistan
Spin Bowling .......... Winner: Sri Lanka ..... Runner-up: India
Fielding .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: South Africa
Mental Toughness .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: South Africa

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Batting .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: India
Bowling .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: England
Pace Bowling .......... Winner: England ..... Runner-up: Australia
Spin Bowling .......... Winner: Sri Lanka ..... Runner-up: India
Fielding .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: South Africa
Mental Toughness .......... Winner: Australia ..... Runner-up: South Africa

Pace bowling, England are better than Australia at full strength.