• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 14-28 August

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
What negative awards? Everything is done in good humour.
Good humour of the awarder ...but may not be felt the same way by the recipient, particularly if there are bitter issues on at the time .... as it is currently in Cricket ... being a bit sensitive is not too much to ask...:mellow: without letting humour rub people up the wrong way ...:dry:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
burkey_1988 said:
What negative awards? Everything is done in good humour.
Vaguest poster.

Maybe every one can start his own awards saying who is good and who is crap. Also, to answer your question on why not just ignore if you don't like it - I see others aren't happy with it as it stands and thought it relevant to voice my opinion as well. The awards as they stand are poor IMO. It hasn't been a criticism just on my part - I have put in some constructive steps as suggestions to bring legitimacy to the awards. I am being critical yes but that is just what I feel.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
pasag said:
I agree 100%.
While PASAG is a great guy , having too many adjudicators from one country only tilts the lack of balance of these awards even further ...

pasag

RTDAS
Perhaps there should be someone representing each nationality of various forum members on the panel.

Thoughts?

Pratyush said:
Vaguest poster.

Maybe every one can start his own awards saying who is good and who is crap. Also, to answer your question on why not just ignore if you don't like it - I see others aren't happy with it as it stands and thought it relevant to voice my opinion as well. The awards as they stand are poor IMO. It hasn't been a criticism just on my part - I have put in some constructive steps as suggestions to bring legitimacy to the awards. I am being critical yes but that is just what I feel.
But Pickup has enough on his plate he is vice head of Cricket Web as if he is going to bother with these awards when as i said there are things on his plate!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
pasag said:
Perhaps there should be someone representing each nationality of various forum members on the panel.

Thoughts?
That is definitely not required ...that is carrying the sensible suggestions to the bizarre extreme.

archie mac

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Inconsistent over all.

The Robbins incident I mentioned is one of the factors which showed to me the awards were a joke.

Another aspect - there is always a chance of personal vendetta taken up by awarding the negative award to any one not liked.
Well I like everyone, so that simply does not happen :)

And when we had feedback almost no one said they did not want to win certain awards, maybe you should read the feedback page. We have also had no one from the subcontinent put their had up to help pick the awards.

How about yourself Pratyush?

archie mac

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Vaguest poster.

tbh we don't say anyone is crap, it easy to make a wrong prediction, I do it every week by tipping the Kangaroos :ph34r:

And if someone makes a post that does not make sense then we put that up, hardly calling anyone crap:@

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
archie mac said:
Well I like everyone, so that simply does not happen :)

And when we had feedback almost no one said they did not want to win certain awards, maybe you should read the feedback page. We have also had no one from the subcontinent put their had up to help pick the awards.

How about yourself Pratyush?
This isn't a subcontinent vs non-subcontinent thing for me Archie. Also, I would love to help you out when I have the time but the next few months, I am very much busy.

Regarding you liking every one - well even if that is true, how can you guarantee the next person you pick for the vaguest poster of the week will like it.

archie mac

International Coach
Happy to announce Justin (AussieDominance) to the CW awards team, for his first week he will be in charge of the Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards, if you see any worth winners in these catergories then please send an email to rusty_492 at hotmail dot com:)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
archie mac said:
tbh we don't say anyone is crap, it easy to make a wrong prediction, I do it every week by tipping the Kangaroos :ph34r:

And if someone makes a post that does not make sense then we put that up, hardly calling anyone crap:@
Vauguest poster is definitely is a negative award - some thing I am not in favour of. I haven't said any thing against the predictions award.

archie mac said:
Happy to announce Justin (AussieDominance) to the CW awards team, for his first week he will be in charge of the Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards, if you see any worth winners in these catergories then please send an email to rusty_492 at hotmail dot com:)
Thanks Archie aka Shaun i feel privelaged if you notice something please tell me cheers remember email is rusty_492@hotmail.com

archie mac

International Coach
Pratyush said:
This isn't a subcontinent vs non-subcontinent thing for me Archie. Also, I would love to help you out when I have the time but the next few months, I am very much busy.

Regarding you liking every one - well even if that is true, how can you guarantee the next person you pick for the vaguest poster of the week will like it.
I can't, I hope my reputation and demeanour on this site will help people to understand that I just found their freudian slip amusing, and mean no offence. We also never award the Inzi to the same person two weeks running :)

We also try to be sensitive to the fact that English is not the first language of some posters:)

archie mac

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Vauguest poster is definitely is a negative award - some thing I am not in favour of. I haven't said any thing against the predictions award.
Again I refer you back to the feedback thread

Overall people seemed to want more negative awards rather than less, but we decided to have less and just a silly one the Inzi

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
archie mac said:
I can't, I hope my reputation and demeanour on this site will help people to understand that I just found their freudian slip amusing, and mean no offence. We also never award the Inzi to the same person two weeks running :)

We also try to be sensitive to the fact that English is not the first language of some posters:)
Archie, I do not like the concept behind the vaguest poster despite you having a good reputation and being a poster I love reading.

The major aspect I do not like regarding the awards is the inconsistency as I stated earlier regardless of the intent.

Cheers.