Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Soth Africa ball tampered in 1997

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin
    You also said the hotels weren'tr good.....which is a load of rubbish....beacuse England got to stay at hotels like the Taj and Claridge's which aren't exactly shoddy motels
    Yes, I did say that. I was wrong. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's totally irrelevant to this thread.

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance
    well you really need to as well mate making a claim that Australian's have ball tampered where is the proof and Atherton was not proved he got fined $2,000 for having dirt in his pocket see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/1511763.stm

Well I really don't see the difference between what ATherton did and what Tendulkar diod in RSa 2001.
    If Tendullkar ball tampered then, then surely Atherton did the same.

If you're altering the condition of the bal;l in a non-permitted way, then you are ball tampering. Atherton ball tampered. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    Yes, I did say that. I was wrong. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's totally irrelevant to this thread.
    Well I didn't say it was relevant did I....I brought it up sarcastically beacuse you asked me to grow up when you of all people though poor England had such a dreadful; time of it on the subcontinent .

Banned
    he was accused but not proven

he was accused but not proven
    You're picking at nits.

He was fined so technically he breached the rules in the same way that guys like Dravid And Tendulkar did - so if Tendulkar and Dravid ball tampered, so did ATherton and hence an English player has ball tampered.

I know you'd love to make out that everyone is as bad as Pakistan with regards to ball tampering, but they're not (or at least they're a lot better at not getting caught). Atherton was fined for having dirt in his pocket - which was used for drying his hands, he was not done for ball tampering. If other cases are the same then those individuals weren't done for ball tampering either. Pakistan have however been done for ball tampering on numerous occasions over recent history. Those are the simple facts - make whatever bias out of those as you like (and no doubt you will) but your crusade to paint every country as being as bad as your own is doomed to failure.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    I know you'd love to make out that everyone is as bad as Pakistan with regards to ball tampering, but they're not (or at least they're a lot better at not getting caught). Atherton was fined for having dirt in his pocket - which was used for drying his hands, he was not done for ball tampering. If other cases are the same then those individuals weren't done for ball tampering either. Pakistan have however been done for ball tampering on numerous occasions over recent history. Those are the simple facts - make whatever bias out of those as you like (and no doubt you will) but your crusade to paint every country as being as bad as your own is doomed to failure.

I'm realistic enough to know that ball tampering is universal.....so I really think this grandstanding attitude taken by some people in Western countries needs to cease.....it was the same as with the matchfixing crisis......oh no, that's just a Pakistani thing, none of our Aussie or Afrikaaaner boys would do a thing like that.....

Why don't you guys have the balls to admit that, especially as evidence now suggests that it is so ?

Banned
    mate where is the evidence there is absolutely none none of South Africa,England,Australia have ever been charged with ball tampering what Scaly wrote is absolutely 110% right i dont think your realistic enough to no its in your backyard where all the problems are get off your high horse and admit it you guys dont have the balls to admit it eg inzamam

mate where is the evidence there is absolutely none none of South Africa,England,Australia have ever been charged with ball tampering what Scaly wrote is absolutely 110% right i dont think your realistic enough to no its in your backyard where all the problems are get off your high horse and admit it you guys dont have the balls to admit it eg inzamam

So the fact that Barry Jarman cautioned South African players on ball tampering and the fact that Atherton was fined for it....mean absolutely nothing

Pull the other one....

Banned
    no it doesnt mean anything as atherton was fined for havind dirt in his pocket while jarman's was just an accusation its like making an accusation that Barney Takes drugs this doesnt mean it is right bu it may or not be

Sorry for using you barney! ill shout a beer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin
    So the fact that Barry Jarman cautioned South African players on ball tampering and the fact that Atherton was fined for it....mean absolutely nothing

Pull the other one....
    he wasnt fined for it, your a bit ignorrant aren't you.
    again in shock I have to agree with Scaly, get it right mate...Pakistan has been proven to have tampered with the ball, all the others NOT.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Banned
    totally agree kweek he is not looking at the facts put out in front of him

no it doesnt mean anything as atherton was fined for havind dirt in his pocket while jarman's was just an accusation its like making an accusation that Barney Takes drugs this doesnt mean it is right bu it may or not be

Sorry for using you barney! ill shout a beer lol
    well in that case, everthing that was ever levelled against Pakistani players were just accusations ....there was never any hard proof per se.

Banned
    oh shut up you cant hack anything even though proof is provided

oh shut up you cant hack anything even though proof is provided

No, it's you who just can't accept the fact that Engish and South African players have officially been cautioned for ball tampering -

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information