• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soth Africa ball tampered in 1997

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know you'd love to make out that everyone is as bad as Pakistan with regards to ball tampering, but they're not (or at least they're a lot better at not getting caught). Atherton was fined for having dirt in his pocket - which was used for drying his hands, he was not done for ball tampering. If other cases are the same then those individuals weren't done for ball tampering either. Pakistan have however been done for ball tampering on numerous occasions over recent history. Those are the simple facts - make whatever bias out of those as you like (and no doubt you will) but your crusade to paint every country as being as bad as your own is doomed to failure.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
I know you'd love to make out that everyone is as bad as Pakistan with regards to ball tampering, but they're not (or at least they're a lot better at not getting caught). Atherton was fined for having dirt in his pocket - which was used for drying his hands, he was not done for ball tampering. If other cases are the same then those individuals weren't done for ball tampering either. Pakistan have however been done for ball tampering on numerous occasions over recent history. Those are the simple facts - make whatever bias out of those as you like (and no doubt you will) but your crusade to paint every country as being as bad as your own is doomed to failure.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm realistic enough to know that ball tampering is universal.....so I really think this grandstanding attitude taken by some people in Western countries needs to cease.....it was the same as with the matchfixing crisis......oh no, that's just a Pakistani thing, none of our Aussie or Afrikaaaner boys would do a thing like that.....

Why don't you guys have the balls to admit that, especially as evidence now suggests that it is so ? 8-)

mate where is the evidence there is absolutely none none of South Africa,England,Australia have ever been charged with ball tampering what Scaly wrote is absolutely 110% right i dont think your realistic enough to no its in your backyard where all the problems are get off your high horse and admit it you guys dont have the balls to admit it eg inzamam

Salamuddin

International Debutant
AussieDominance said:
mate where is the evidence there is absolutely none none of South Africa,England,Australia have ever been charged with ball tampering what Scaly wrote is absolutely 110% right i dont think your realistic enough to no its in your backyard where all the problems are get off your high horse and admit it you guys dont have the balls to admit it eg inzamam

So the fact that Barry Jarman cautioned South African players on ball tampering and the fact that Atherton was fined for it....mean absolutely nothing 8-)

Pull the other one....

no it doesnt mean anything as atherton was fined for havind dirt in his pocket while jarman's was just an accusation its like making an accusation that Barney Takes drugs this doesnt mean it is right bu it may or not be

Sorry for using you barney! ill shout a beer lol

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Salamuddin said:
So the fact that Barry Jarman cautioned South African players on ball tampering and the fact that Atherton was fined for it....mean absolutely nothing 8-)

Pull the other one....
he wasnt fined for it, your a bit ignorrant aren't you.
again in shock I have to agree with Scaly, get it right mate...Pakistan has been proven to have tampered with the ball, all the others NOT.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
AussieDominance said:
no it doesnt mean anything as atherton was fined for havind dirt in his pocket while jarman's was just an accusation its like making an accusation that Barney Takes drugs this doesnt mean it is right bu it may or not be

Sorry for using you barney! ill shout a beer lol
well in that case, everthing that was ever levelled against Pakistani players were just accusations ....there was never any hard proof per se.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
AussieDominance said:
oh shut up you cant hack anything even though proof is provided

No, it's you who just can't accept the fact that Engish and South African players have officially been cautioned for ball tampering -

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Kweek said:
to make you happy
I think pakistan cheated.

ta.

Barray Jarman was a match refree at the time...if he's bluntly said that South Africa ball tampered, will the people sticking up for Darrel hair stick up for Jarman or do two sets of rules apply --- one for Pakistan and one for an ANglo nation.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Quite a bit of vitriol in this thread...ironic, as many of the contributers would be quite happy to accuse 'other' teams of similar infringements...

Salamuddin said:
No, it's you who just can't accept the fact that Engish and South African players have officially been cautioned for ball tampering -
u said it bluntly and correctly well done cautioned not found guilty

atichon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Scaly piscine said:
I think Waqar and Wasim were at the heart of the ball tempering scandals of the 90's. So much that everybody wondered if it was possible to obtain reverse swing without doctoring the ball.

Then Waqar and Wasim coached a number of clubs/countries, whose fast bowlers began to reverse swing.

But obviously, when they coached, they taught a clean way to reverse swing, preferring to cheat only when playing for Pakistan.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pedro Delgado said:
All teams probably do it, Pakistan just seem to be better at getting caught than anyone else.
Definitely. Chris Pringle from NZ definitely did it, and admitted it in his book. Not sure if he was caught at the time though...but he said it was a common occurrence at the time (early-mid 90s). Not sure if it still is, I'd like to think not.