• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne Biography

howardj

International Coach
This should be a great read. It's written by award winning journalist, Paul Barry, who also wrote a cracking biography on Kerry Packer.

James

Cricket Web Owner
You looking at getting a hold of John Wright's autobiography Archie for review?

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
James said:
I've just ordered John Wright's bio from our local bookshop. It will be available late in August. Happy to do a book review if Archie doesn't have the time.

The bits I've already seen of the Shane Warne bio thingy are not really the sorts of things that I really want to know. While Paul Barry is a top class journo the only thing I want to know about Mr Warne is whether he can win the Ashes back.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paul Barry spins a good yarn but NEVER sacrifices the story for want of a few facts.

Having read an excerpt from the book already, it's shameful in the way he depicts Warne's wife - it might be true but she's an innocent (or naive or stupid, etc) victim in all this and doesnt deserve to be portrayed as a suburban bimbo in print

James

Cricket Web Owner
armchairumpire said:
I've just ordered John Wright's bio from our local bookshop. It will be available late in August. Happy to do a book review if Archie doesn't have the time.
If you'd spoken to me, I could have brought one here and sent it over to you :p

archie mac

International Coach
James said:
Don't think it will be released here in OZ?

But happy to leave it to Armchairumpire, and will read depending on the review :)

I remember he wrote a bio a few years ago?

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
James said:
If you'd spoken to me, I could have brought one here and sent it over to you :p
Thanks James, had thought of that but it gives me a good excuse to go and talk to my local bookseller Ian Moir of Moirs Books about what other cricket books will be available pre Christmas. Ian Moir is very interested in cricket, and it's always worth a cricket chat with him, as well as supporting my local independent book seller.

However, thanks for the offer to send the book.

brockley

International Captain
Paul barry clains simone only married him to further her career,she is suing apparently warnie got it on a few months after they married apparently.barry claims womanising is rife in australian cricket circles.Imagine glen mcgrath as a player :p .

James

Cricket Web Owner
armchairumpire said:
Thanks James, had thought of that but it gives me a good excuse to go and talk to my local bookseller Ian Moir of Moirs Books about what other cricket books will be available pre Christmas. Ian Moir is very interested in cricket, and it's always worth a cricket chat with him, as well as supporting my local independent book seller.

However, thanks for the offer to send the book.
No worries, you should mention the book reviews section on CW to him ;)

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
James said:
No worries, you should mention the book reviews section on CW to him ;)
Will do. Especially as the book I reviewed recently for CW came from Moirs.

In case anyone is interested, details are as follows:

Moirs Bookshop
50-54 Burns Bay Road
Lane Cove NSW 2066
T: 02 9427 4218

moirs@connect.net.au

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
andyc said:
Pretty rubbish 'review,' tbh. I've seen more mature and less biased arguments from Chris
Having not read the book I can't really comment although not much more can be said from the reviewer who didn't read the book either. Although he did admit to it, I don't get how he can review something (so harshly) that he hasn't read.

Anyways, as Archie said, I'll have to read it now.