• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Tri-Series in Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka, South Africa, India)**

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jason, you seem to have a problem when anybody critiques your team yet whenever Sri Lanka play you are the first one to be all doom and gloom and bemoan how seemingly **** your team is. You can not have it both ways, before the England series, Sri Lanka were in your mind one of the worst sides around, comparable to that of the West Indies, yet now they are seemingly super human because they beat a second string South African side.

Langeveldt

Soutie
TT Boy said:
Jason, you seem to have a problem when anybody critiques your team yet whenever Sri Lanka play you are the first one to be all doom and gloom and bemoan how seemingly **** your team is. You can not have it both ways, before the England series, Sri Lanka were in your mind one of the worst sides around, comparable to that of the West Indies, yet now they are seemingly super human because they beat a second string South African side.
I just get annoyed that he's called JASON and not Jason..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
TT Boy said:
That does not deny the fact that SA themselves are extremely weak in both forms of the game over the past 2 years and extremely over rated in ODIs .

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
That does not deny the fact that SA themselves are extremely weak in both forms of the game over the past 2 years and extremely over rated in ODIs .
Yet evidence I.e. performances suggests that they are not…

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
I just get annoyed that he's called JASON and not Jason..
I get annoyed that your name is spelt Langeveldt and Langevelt !! :@
(like in a proper English way )

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
TT Boy said:
Yet evidence I.e. performances suggests that they are not…
Not in competitions away from home or for that matter in competitions involving more than 2 Teams of the top 6 countries.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
JASON said:
I get annoyed that your name is spelt Langeveldt and Langevelt !! :@
(like in a proper English way )
Langeveldt is not an English surname and the spelling is quite correct.
The reason why Jason in capital letters is a bit irritating, is that it is considered shouting if capital letters are used in the forums. So I get the feeling you shout all your posts.:wub:
This is a personal opinion and doesn't mean I have anything against you, or don't want to read your posts.:)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
And that does not deny the fact you're not addressing TT Boy's points.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
jot1 said:
Langeveldt is not an English surname and the spelling is quite correct.
The reason why Jason in capital letters is a bit irritating, is that it is considered shouting if capital letters are used in the forums. So I get the feeling you shout all your posts.:wub:
This is a personal opinion and doesn't mean I have anything against you, or don't want to read your posts.:)
How absurd !! Haven't heard anything more dumber than that. Just because my User Name is in capital means, I am shouting am I ?

How absolutely silly is that ?:D

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
Maybe this "United Subcontinental Front" could learn to play pace bowling, then you guys might one day win a series in SA :laugh: Cricketing Oblivion? Learn how to win away from home yourselves and I might take notice..
What "United Subcontinental Front"??

dinu23

International Debutant
JASON said:
And Prabhakharan is looking for those who provided weapons to the Sri Lankan Government that killed 50 -60, 000 Tamils over the past 30 years and particularly those who provided bombs that killed 50 odd orphaned Tamil children at a school recently.

Lets not go there , SANZ . This is a cricketing forum and I hope every one here wants to keep it that way . There are political forums else where to discuss the rights and wrongs of everyone's actions and repercussions !!
i don't want to start a political argument here, but I thought u should know that there was no school at that location. it was an LTTE training camp.

i'll post a link to the video. you can see LTTE cardres fleeing the scene, and see how remote the place is. anyway the tigers first said it was a school, then it was an orphanage, then a nurse training facility. :laugh:

check this out: http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1769247,001302310000.htm

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Worst thread in a long long time. When it comes to the point about "My team is better than yours" and "I don't like your forum name", maybe we should just have a good hard look at where this thread is heading?

Dravid

International Captain
Sadly this match has also been called off. The amount of rain in Sri Lanka is ridicoulus. I know Sri Lankan Cricket Board isnt the richest board in the world, but they seriously need to think about building an Indoor Stadium, or they will face more loss than profit from matches getting rained out. Over the past few years so many days of Cricket have been wasted in Sri Lanka.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
i don't want to start a political argument here, but I thought u should know that there was no school at that location. it was an LTTE training camp.

i'll post a link to the video. you can see LTTE cardres fleeing the scene, and see how remote the place is. anyway the tigers first said it was a school, then it was an orphanage, then a nurse training facility. :laugh:

check this out: http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1769247,001302310000.htm
If you want to start a Political discussion I will get someone from the involved organisation who may have more knowledge on everyone's tactics and footage to prove everything else wrong . But I don't think you or any of the forum moderators want that to happen on this thread or forum.

I think we are better off leaving Politics out of this forum. I have previously not brought my personal politics and predjudices in here , but had to respond because some people (not saying you in particular, May be someone calling himself k Sanga or some such thing like that) brought Political ideas and opinions into this thread or another thread on this forum to influence their view points.

Better not to get involved in issues which are beyond the scope of this forum.

If you want to criticise the Peace Monitors who are supposedly monitoring the so called Peace process in SL, I would suggest using a political forum. :)

jot1

State Vice-Captain
JASON said:
How absurd !! Haven't heard anything more dumber than that. Just because my User Name is in capital means, I am shouting am I ?

How absolutely silly is that ?:D
I didn't say any thing of the sort. I said I get the feeling you're shouting. Which may be silly, true, but doesn't change the feeling. I am speaking only for myself and no one else in the forum.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
adharcric said:
i hope the south africans get a heavy penalty
Why should they?

Seeing as the ICC security consultants agreed there were problems, I think they're fully justified in coming home if they so wish.