• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Tri-Series in Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka, South Africa, India)**

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Apparently, I do. They didn't even visit SL. Why do you think the situation seems this strange to EVERYONE? The Tamil Tigers do not attack tourists.
And if they want to attack any place/person they wouldn't care if any tourists were around.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
They're at fault for overreacting and leaving.
No they are not. They are within their rights to leave. They came to SL to play cricket and not to display any kind of solidarity with SL cricket or SL government.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
And Prabhakharan is looking for those who provided weapons to the Sri Lankan Government that killed 50 -60, 000 Tamils over the past 30 years and particularly those who provided bombs that killed 50 odd orphaned Tamil children at a school recently.

Lets not go there , SANZ . This is a cricketing forum and I hope every one here wants to keep it that way . There are political forums else where to discuss the rights and wrongs of everyone's actions and repercussions !!
Why ? You dont want to defend a hypocrite organization that trains young kids to become suicide bombers at the same time sheds crocodile tears for them ??

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
marc71178 said:
So please tell me how this South African team were likely to be carjacked when they didn't have cars?
Errr, carjacking was just an example of a type of crime that might happen to them. It could be a hold up for money or something else. Please tell me you are just being facetious when you ask questions like that?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
No they are not. They are within their rights to leave. They came to SL to play cricket and not to display any kind of solidarity with SL cricket or SL government.

Just because it is their right to leave, does not mean that they did not overreact in exercising that right.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
I have no sympathy for those who train children as suicide bombers, so please take up your sympathy case elsewhere.
I didn't ask for you bloody sympathy, Damn it. Just keep the damn politics out of this Cricket forum.

Is that too damn difficult for you to comprehend ?

You stupidly brought the Politics into this forum, by mentioning names of individuals (ie Prabakaran) . Keep that out and we can have decent discussion.

Don't bring your political idealogies to influence other people's views. This is not a Political forum. Find a political forum to discuss about the individual whose name you mentioned on this forum. Ok ?

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
Why ? You dont want to defend a hypocrite organization that trains young kids to become suicide bombers at the same time sheds crocodile tears for them ??
You have no idea what you are talking about, I don't want to turn this Cricket forum into a Political forum, So I am using my discretion to avoid turning this into a Political forum to discuss the rights of wrongs of organisations , because then we really have to go into discussing whether its alright for governments to bomb and kill innocent people and deprive basic rights to large sections of people etc..

So I advise you do the same. Stick to Cricket , which you know something about , and which is what this forum is for , Ok ?

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
JASON said:
You have no idea what you are talking about, I don't want to turn this Cricket forum into a Political forum, So I am using my discretion to avoid turning this into a Political forum to discuss the rights of wrongs of organisations , because then we really have to go into discussing whether its alright for governments to bomb and kill innocent people and deprive basic rights to large sections of people etc..

So I advise you do the same. Stick to Cricket , which you know something about , and which is what this forum is for , Ok ?
the question you pose "Whether its alright for governments to bomb and kill innocent people" could be interchanged with "terrorists" .... depending on which side of the fence you are on.

And Jason I absolutely agree with you that this forum should not be tarnished by Political views.:) And I do not feel that you are yelling simply because your user name is capitalised.

dinu23

International Debutant
JASON said:
oh please! who are the ones who closed the marvil aru anicut and deprived water for thousands of civilians destroying their crop, killing and chasing out muslims from north and east, depriving the tamil people of their basic right to vote, blasting bus loads of civilians in kabitigllawa, murdering many tamil interlectuals just because they condemn the LTTE.

I can't believe u support a terrorist organization!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
I didn't ask for you bloody sympathy, Damn it. Just keep the damn politics out of this Cricket forum.

Is that too damn difficult for you to comprehend ?

You stupidly brought the Politics into this forum, by mentioning names of individuals (ie Prabakaran) . Keep that out and we can have decent discussion.

Don't bring your political idealogies to influence other people's views. This is not a Political forum. Find a political forum to discuss about the individual whose name you mentioned on this forum. Ok ?
Well then stop discussing the bomb blast on a cricket forum and stop accusing South Africans of chickening out and then demand compensation from SA Board for your govt's failure to provide them with a decent environment to play cricket.

I dont have any political ideology, but it seems that you do.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Just because it is their right to leave, does not mean that they did not overreact in exercising that right.
They didn't, IMO they did the right thing.

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah, lets keep politics out of this.

The political and historical context of Sri Lanka, and the ethical nature of the main participants, from the political parties to the LTTE and their associates, along with underground groups and the Buddhist clergy, is far too murky and cloudy for people to go about pointing fingers. As one usually only gets a finger pointed right back at you.

(Talking to my mother this afternoon, twice in two weeks her apartment has been searched - yesterday by gun toting army officers. Bearing in mind that she is almost 60 years old, with a bad knee, I do not know what they were doing there. It is just an example of the escalation of the situation there at the moment. Makes me angry though)

IMO this tour was scheduled at a bad time anyway as it is almost the monsoon season. Moreover the situation in the country is such that I believe India should follow SA's example and board a plane home asap.

The situation (from what I have heard) is really bad and will only get worse.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
oh please! who are the ones who closed the marvil aru anicut and deprived water for thousands of civilians destroying their crop, killing and chasing out muslims from north and east, depriving the tamil people of their basic right to vote, blasting bus loads of civilians in kabitigllawa, murdering many tamil interlectuals just because they condemn the LTTE.

I can't believe u support a terrorist organization!
I don't support LTTE nor do I condone their acts of Terrorism, but Terrorism can be committed by Governments too , and I am not prepared to blame one party or side more than the other.

I will leave it at that . Dinu , I do not want to discuss politics here as that will divert the focus of this forum and we want this to be a friendly cricket forum free of Politics. I agree with Chipmonk who has put this well.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
Well then stop discussing the bomb blast on a cricket forum and stop accusing South Africans of chickening out and then demand compensation from SA Board for your govt's failure to provide them with a decent environment to play cricket.

I dont have any political ideology, but it seems that you do.
Go and check the posts to see who brought Politics into this duscussion !! :dry:

I think its clear you have tried hard to divert this cricketing forum , rather unsuccessfully , may I add !!:dry:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Come on guys, let's get back to the cricket, if we see any that is!

I hear it's rained again overnight in Colombo and chances of play are again slim :mellow:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
I think its clear you have tried hard to divert this cricketing forum , rather unsuccessfully , may I add !!:dry:
It's you who tries hard to divert this cricketing forum into jokes forum (by using :laugh: smiley).

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
I did and I guess it all started when some one started posting his knowledge of SL Conflict :-
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=868382&postcount=86

And then again :- http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=869055&postcount=108 (not to forget the highlighted part in red)
That was not expressing a political view but trying to highlight that the assumption (re so called Tiger Youth league) was wrong as Lostman had rightly pointed out.

The highlighted part in red is from someone else's article on Cricinfo !! (obviously you couldn't comprehed that !!)

Anyway members of this forum can make their own judgement as to whether I was the first person to bring Politics into this thread or whether others had subtley brought this in to push their views across.

I will not be making any more posts on this matter as requested by James .

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
James said:
Come on guys, let's get back to the cricket, if we see any that is!

I hear it's rained again overnight in Colombo and chances of play are again slim :mellow:
It has rained quite a fair bit, but the good news is that its not raining any more so hopefully we will some quality cricket today.. :)