Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it the end for Tendulkar??

Is it the end for Tendulkar??

Tendulkar rules himself out of the west indies tour and still is not sure abt his future.

i say he'll play in the WC and den retire!

He'll be back in the next series. I'd hope he can stay till the end of 2007 in one form at least, but I'm not so sure.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    I am almost 100% sure that he will quit one form of the game, most probably ODIs, after the 2007 WC.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

The Indian Cricket Board need to take a good, long hard look at themselves. Tendulkar's injuries have been a result of him playing way too many games in such a short period of time. All in the face of making more money. I don't think we'll ever seen him hit the heights he once did, but remember, he is a champion batsman and form is only temporary, so I'd back him to come back and prove us all wrong one day. Anyway, less games for players please otherwise we'll be having this happen to the superstars of our games more often.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim
    The Indian Cricket Board need to take a good, long hard look at themselves. Tendulkar's injuries have been a result of him playing way too many games in such a short period of time. All in the face of making more money.
    maybe, plenty of other players haven't suffered as much though and have played as much cricket.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    maybe, plenty of other players haven't suffered as much though and have played as much cricket.

True, but then the others haven't been playing international cricket for sixteen years.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar

True, but then the others haven't been playing international cricket for sixteen years.
    Which is more to the point, really; Tendy has been playing for so long that physical decline is going to happen and you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who played for 16 years, regardless of playing intensity, who DOESN'T display injuries like Sachin has.

Aside from that, he started young before his body was fully developed. Playing for 16 years at the top level having started so young would put a greater strain than someone who started at, say 22 and finished up at 38.

Anyway, less games for players please otherwise we'll be having this happen to the superstars of our games more often.
    I doubt it. Players physical well-beaing is looked after better these days. Players miss games with small injuries these days, unlike the bad old days when you'd the ludicrous situation of someone like Jeff Thomson playing his first Test with a broken foot. Ricky Ponting has played 100 Tests in less than 10 years of Test cricket (being dropped a couple of times along the way) and he's at his peak. Guys like Ponting and the much older guys still playing Test cricket in the Aussie team and doing well is a testament to their training. As I said above, Sachin starting so young coupled with a heavy (but no heavier than anyone else) workload, more than scheduling, has probably been a big factor in his physical decline.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishant
    Tendulkar rules himself out of the west indies tour and still is not sure abt his future.

i say he'll play in the WC and den retire!
    Beg your pardon.

Sachin

Looking like he'll retire from ODIs after the WC.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Sachin

Looking like he'll retire from ODIs after the WC.

If he does, and as widely believed so does Inzi, it will be the end of two of my favorite players of all time.

Chuck Lara in there and it'll be even more tragic.

Chuck Lara in there and it'll be even more tragic.
    Why? Everyone has to go sometime and all three can definitely be said to have showed the world pretty much everything they've got.

Me, I'm looking forward to seeing who emerges out of their shadows once they're gone.

Because no matter how many champions arise since them, the great batsman you grew up watching always have a place in your heart and its hard to see them go.

I love watching Dravid, Ponting, Kallis and the newer brigade with Hussey and KP coming to the fore etc but when it comes down to it, I still remember as a 10 year old being amazed by Sachin and Lara and I still remember having arguments with my awesome grade 4 teacher that Sachin was the best in the world, whilst he'd argue Steve Waugh was. Lucky he and I supported the same AFL team.

I think its just natural to feel emotionally attached to the players you grew up admiring. I know I was sad when Richie Richardson left the scene, not because I loved him as a batsman, but because I was always fascinated by his awesome hat he'd wear while batting.

I think its just natural to feel emotionally attached to the players you grew up admiring. I know I was sad when Richie Richardson left the scene, not because I loved him as a batsman, but because I was always fascinated by his awesome hat he'd wear while batting.

Now you've gone and done it! Why did you have to bring up Ritchie's hat?!

Come back, hat; COME BACK!!!

I remember being distraught when he stopped wearing it and started wearing a helmet after his comeback. I thought it very sad that a player, ordinarily a perfect example of confidence, would wear a helmet. I mean, Richie wearing a helmet?! Unthinkable! I felt at the time that he'd lost half of his intimidation factor with the loss of that hat when everyone else was scrambling for a helmet. Some of the daring of the hook shot was lost when players starting wearing helmets on a regular basis.

Below is a picture of the hat in full-cry on top of some guy's head I can't quite remember right now.

RIP Richie's Hat.

Lol, what a hat that was. To be honest it deserves its own appreciation society.

RIP Richie's Hat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information