• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
And Snedden (?) said we'd have 12 tests in the next 18 months. :(
Snedden was all talk, and he ran off to rugby without achieving anything other than establishing the Chappel/ Hadlee trophy. The key area of concern - NZ's test status - was not even touched. He was as good a CEO as he was a ODI bowler: up until recently he had the worst bowling figures in an ODI.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
And Snedden (?) said we'd have 12 tests in the next 18 months. :(
And we're still waiting for India to confirm the test series they cancelled last year. If we managed to win the WC they'd be knocking down the door for a test and OD series in NZ, and I'd be happy for NZC to stuff them around.

Fiery

Banned
Snedden was all talk, and he ran off to rugby without achieving anything other than establishing the Chappel/ Hadlee trophy. The key area of concern - NZ's test status - was not even touched. He was as good a CEO as he was a ODI bowler: up until recently he had the worst bowling figures in an ODI.
The reason he "ran off to rugby" is because he was head-hunted by the rugby union because he'd done such a good job with NZ cricket so not sure why he's getting all this criticism. So he's made OD cricket a priority around WC time. Wise I reckon

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
The reason he "ran off to rugby" is because he was head-hunted by the rugby union because he'd done such a good job with NZ cricket so not sure why he's getting all this criticism. So he's made OD cricket a priority around WC time. Wise I reckon
Snedden had been in the job for several years. During his reign we played bugger all tests, and most of which were against one nation (due to their generosity). He was one of the key figures in keeping Bracewell as coach despite JB's terrible record and people skills, and watched on as our test ranking plummeted. NZC's finances were not flash during Snedden's time so how did he even warrant head-hunting?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Look, say what you like about Snedden's tenure at the top of NZC, but I hardly think it's fair for him to be criticised for the lack of tests. We had a Future Tours Program that was intended to ensure a fair distribution of games around the world, but unfortunately some countries can get away with changing the schedule if it inconveniences them, or isn't the cash cow they could milk somewhere else. I wouldn't even blame those countries, as such, I'd blame the spineless ICC who control the game in theory only.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Look, say what you like about Snedden's tenure at the top of NZC, but I hardly think it's fair for him to be criticised for the lack of tests. We had a Future Tours Program that was intended to ensure a fair distribution of games around the world, but unfortunately some countries can get away with changing the schedule if it inconveniences them, or isn't the cash cow they could milk somewhere else. I wouldn't even blame those countries, as such, I'd blame the spineless ICC who control the game in theory only.
You're right about the ICC being to blame for our lack of tests but one of the roles of the NZC CEO is to prevent this happening.

What about keeping Bracewell?

Fiery

Banned
You're right about the ICC being to blame for our lack of tests but one of the roles of the NZC CEO is to prevent this happening.

What about keeping Bracewell?
The way we've improved in the last two games we could all be forced to eat our words if we end up getting to the final or winning the WC. Even Richard Book who has been downright scathing in the Herald at times wrote a whole article yesterday, (which you probably read but others may not have), basically apologising to Bracewell so let's give him till after the WC. If we fail there, THEN we can give him the Mitchell treatment of course. :dry:

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Vincent
Fleming
Fulton
Taylor
Styris
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Mills
Bond
Gillespie

Thats a full strength lineup baby
A pretty formidable one if you ask me. With the likes of Vincent, Taylor, and the red-hot Oram in form. And if Styis can make the same sort of entrance as Oram and Vincent...
Vettori bowling sublimely, Mills and Bond gradually getting back to there best. Gillespie looking like hes got the goods, and a bit of extra pace to boot.

Im picking the Black Caps to make it TWO, i repeat TWO, loses in a row for the Aussies on Sunday avo

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Even Richard Book who has been downright scathing in the Herald at times wrote a whole article yesterday, (which you probably read but others may not have), basically apologising to Bracewell so let's give him till after the WC.
Ahh you do realise that column was very much tongue-in-cheek?

Fiery

Banned
Auckland look like posting a very good score here in the 20/20 final. Adams and Houpapa in and Auckland 169/2 off 16.

(New avatar is Martin Donnelly, one of NZ's finest, in case anyone is wondering)

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Colin de Grandhomme is playing for Auckland today. Although he hasn't been required with bat or ball.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ive heard he wants NZ citizenship. Im not sure Auckland would play him if he wasn't going to keep playing here.