• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well we know that Afridi has "unretired" from Test Cricket. But he said the issue of burnout was still valid, and the PCB has since talked about rotating players. So does anyone know if Afridi is available for the Test team on this tour?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan should really Test England and I feel both teams will be evenly matched , although if Simon Jones is back by then and Vaughan, Harmison and Anderson , then England would definitely hold the advantage .

I suspect England will by then look forward to a genuine contest after smashing the Lankans real bad .:( :laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
A series with a huge potential to be memorable. Lets hope a motivated Pak teams boards the plane from karachi.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Most of them seem to be over here running through County batting line-ups for fun at the moment!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Beleg said:
^

Which ones?
Primarily Rana Naved who has been taking wickets for fun, Asif has done pretty well so far, Afridi has been pretty impressive for Ireland, more so with the ball and Mushtaq Ahmed has been taking wickets and bowling well for Sussex.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Beleg said:
^

Which ones?
Rana Naved - 17 FC wickets @ 15.47
Mohammed Akram (if he still counts) - 14 @ 9.57
Mushtaq Ahmed - 13 @ 26.53
Mohammad Asif - 10 @ 24.60
Azhar Mahmood - 10 @ 23.50

Plus Shahid O'Fridi playing one day cricket for Ireland, with 5 wickets @ 15.20

haroon510

International 12th Man
it is going to be a good series. we all know that pakistan havn't lost in england for quite a time now. it is a good oppertunity for pakistan to play with both farhat and butt if they wana find good pairs of openers for world cup. we all know english batsman have had problem facing shoiab akhter so it is going to be really intersting to watch how they would do in this series against shoiab akhter.
pakistan has to play with one more spinner with danish kuneria. maybe they should call saqlin or mushtaq ahamd back for this series since they have alot of exprince from english counties. naved hassan should be given chance only in one day matches cuz he is only a one day baller and his records prove this. instead they should give mohmmad sami another chance to prove himself.
as far as the series wining goes. cricket is a unpredicatable game. so we can't say who is going to win or who is going to lose. i was watching the final one day of south africa vs aus. i was sure aus is going to win that one but south africa won it. cricket is just unpridictable.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Inzamam in his recent statement has expressed his concern about Asif's form.Except for one match, Asif has been unimpressive while playing for his county in England.On top Akhtar is still struggling with injuries , infact there are reports of Akhtar developing a new ankle injury.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
haroon510 said:
it is going to be a good series. we all know that pakistan havn't lost in england for quite a time now. it is a good oppertunity for pakistan to play with both farhat and butt if they wana find good pairs of openers for world cup. we all know english batsman have had problem facing shoiab akhter so it is going to be really intersting to watch how they would do in this series against shoiab akhter.
pakistan has to play with one more spinner with danish kuneria. maybe they should call saqlin or mushtaq ahamd back for this series since they have alot of exprince from english counties. naved hassan should be given chance only in one day matches cuz he is only a one day baller and his records prove this. instead they should give mohmmad sami another chance to prove himself.
as far as the series wining goes. cricket is a unpredicatable game. so we can't say who is going to win or who is going to lose. i was watching the final one day of south africa vs aus. i was sure aus is going to win that one but south africa won it. cricket is just unpridictable.
I wouldn't try that really, the last time pakistan tried to beat England with spin they lost.

The problem with mushy is that he's been on the county circuits regularly and a lot of players would have experienced him a lot, Saqlain Mushtaq on the other hand is no where near the bowler he was since both his knee operations.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
IndianByHeart said:
Inzamam in his recent statement has expressed his concern about Asif's form.Except for one match, Asif has been unimpressive while playing for his county in England.On top Akhtar is still struggling with injuries , infact there are reports of Akhtar developing a new ankle injury.
I am not sure whether Asif is giving all while playing for Leics. If an average bowler like Rana can run through the batting line-ups then i am sure Asif would have no problems dislodging the same batsmen.

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Saqlain mushtaq is such a comical runner/celebrater/celebrationist/celebrationister or somethign. :laugh: its like watchy a dog run on two legs.

plus both chubby mushtaq and saqlayn are YE close to become british naturalized citizens. Which is freakin interesting.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully all injured players in Vaughan, Harmison, Jones & Akhtar are fit and ready come the 1st test since i reckon its going to be a cracker of a 4-test series it could be as good as the ashes judging by the quality of players that will be present on both sides.

I have a strong feeling the bowlers are going to be the one's doing most of the talking during this series, thus the winners of this series in my opinion will depend on which batting line-up handles which bowling attack better.

adharcric

International Coach
It seems Vaughan, Harmison and Jones can make it back in time for this series, but not Giles? Is that accurate?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well Vaughan and Harmison are back playing now, just not test fit. Vaughan just got out for 1 in his FC return, that after being clean bowled from a no ball