Cricket Betting Site Betway

Thread: Wealth of old cricket videos for me to enjoy....Do you collect?

Wealth of old cricket videos for me to enjoy....Do you collect?

My Grandad is a huge Cricket fan and he is really the one who introduced me to the game. He took me to my first match and now Im 20 and often go alone, he is still the persons who's company I prefer at the Durham games.

Anyway, after about 14 years of sharing our love for cricket he finally remembered to tell me yesterday that in his loft he has a box full of literally hundreds of cricket videos from down the years and that should I want I could borrow them. He hasn't been able to get them down for years as he is 76 now and can't scale the loft and I have been up there many times for him and never seen this videos.

So yesterday after the Durham game up I went and found the box. Wow......I didn't count but there must be at least 450 videos there from offical ones to matches he has taped off tv etc.

From highlights videos of the best one-day and test matches since the 70's to focus on specific players from all eras its an amazing box that will take me about a year to get though. I havent even looked at them all yet but I have bought about 15 home so Ill report on what I watch.

I was wondering if anyone on here collects cricket videos? I have 50 of my own which I pick up second hand usually from boot sales or ebay and its a great chance for me to see the great players from days gone by.

Infact one of my favourite things to do at the end of a long day is to select a video featuring classic matches/players and juts sit back and watch them. I must have seen all the ones I own about 10 times each and I am just on a cycle of watching them time after time.

Perfect for out of season blues too
    Durham CCC Membership Holder
    Hartlepool CC Regular
    Peterlee CC Regular

still scratching around in the same old hole
    I used to archive all the highlights packages of every game shown on TV throughout the early-late 1990s.

I ended up with so many tapes that I didn't know what to do with them. It was an enjoyable experience though.

Since then Ive moved countries a number of times and Ive no idea where they are. Shame really
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    The only ones i have are 'the greatest test' and 'the ashes', which i think everyone on here has.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    I've got some highlights on a couple a games from the '92 World Cup which my Grandpa found in a charity shop for me last year. That and the Ashes DVD.

I've got a Steve Waugh video, a Shane Warne video and the '99 world cup video - came as a triple pack. But have them on VHS, and we don't have an operating video player in the house, so I've never gotten to watch them.

Do have some CDs and DVDs with our own cricket seasons on it, which is awesome

If anyone knows where I can get a highlights video/dvd of the 1992 World Cup please let me know. The only ones I'm come across only give highlights of the semi finals and final.

I started my way through the big box last night and began with highlights of the second match in the World Series from 1989 between Australia and West Indies….great stuff. Carl Hooper further cementing his place as one of my favourite bowlers of all time.

Next up…”Lords: The Home of Cricket”

LOL all I have are The Ashes DVDs, and England's win in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    If anyone knows where I can get a highlights video/dvd of the 1992 World Cup please let me know. The only ones I'm come across only give highlights of the semi finals and final.
    I used to have a great one that showed the 101 Best Moments of the WC.

Great shots and top bowling and fielding. It really was a special WC.

I left it with a friend but there are videos available.

Over the last few months, I have collected several videos from a few sites, I must have over 200 now.
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

RIP Fardin

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    So jealous. I just have a few DVD`s. I love my World Cup 2003 DVD to bits. I`d love some old videos.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Thread Information