• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2011 World Cup Bid Vote - Another chance

Craig

World Traveller
What great taste you have :naughty:

(look at me I should be working on my resume and here I am posting away)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
Who will buy my lucky laurel wreaths?
You'll have to apply for a spot at a merchandising stand I'm afraid.

How about if instead of a third umpire we have the crowd either putting their thumbs up or thumbs down? If the thumbs are up then the batsman's still in...but if they're down then we release the lions.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:

How about if instead of a third umpire we have the crowd either putting their thumbs up or thumbs down? If the thumbs are up then the batsman's still in...but if they're down then we release the lions.
Thumbs up - decided by dwarf-throwing.

Thumbs down - decided by tantrum-throwing (or lions).

Son Of Coco

luckyeddie said:
Thumbs up - decided by dwarf-throwing.

Thumbs down - decided by tantrum-throwing (or lions).
It'd be unfair to make Ricky Ponting attend every match though.

* and I know you'll probably think it was better to highlight the other option when writing that! :happy:

Craig

World Traveller
Son Of Coco said:

Isn't that Rome now?

Maybe we can play on the mountains Beefy walked over as well.

Son Of Coco

Voltman said:
Will anyone actually notice if they're playing on a wicket or not?
Probably not, but I can imagine the crowd collapsing into peals of laughter when the ground announcer says "The toss has been won by England...and the strip looks pretty bare".

Craig

World Traveller
I think our good friend Archie needs to create an award for turning a serious thread and going off topic :laugh:

Son Of Coco

Craig said:
I think our good friend Archie needs to create an award for turning a serious thread and going off topic :laugh:
*Philosophical Mode*

Maybe this thread started off topic, and we've just got it back on topic :ph34r:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Can I nominate the Kit Kat thread?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
C_C said:
I sincerely hope not.
I would love to see an India-Pakistan finals and thats a bit too much for Kolkata to handle at the world cup finals stage.

It would be a bit like hosting an Afghanistan- USA football match in Texas.

Mumbai or Chennai IMO would make the perfect venue for finals.
As much as I would love to watch a WC final in person, I don't think it will happen.

But at least one person in the world thinks Chennai can host a WC final. You have made my day. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
pasag said:
Congrats to India and co. The best vote won.

It would be cool to have cameras documenting the voting process, I am sure it would make for compelling television, much better than the other reality crap on at the moment. Seems like there was alot of drama, action and politics. It sounds exciting.

I am really disappointed though as I was really looking forward to being part of it. But even if we did win, 4 years is a life time away, but 9 years is in 2 life times away.

Maybe its good that we lost, if the our players were all at home it would become a media circus and there would be too much pressure like in 92. But the fact that we will be away means we can relax and keep away from attention, relativley speaking.
Plus u can come up here, mate. Don't forget that option. It won't be the same as Australia. There would be a few worse things here but also a few things that are better. Just get the right travel agent, the right flights, the right hotels and you will love it. I have personally interacted with Aussies for a no. of years now, beginning with one guy who was here when the Australian Cricket Academy side played Madras Cricket Club in 97 for the Golden Jubilee celebration of the MCC and they have all said they loved being in India. It is not the same as Australia. Certainly it won't be that clean (from what I hear) and the food will be different to an extent, but if you get the right places to stay in, it will be fun. Plus, you will LOVE the atmosphere at the ground. Some of the Aussies in the test at Chennai in 2004 told me that they have never seen people enjoy themselves more at cricket than the crowds in India did. They felt they should start doing such stuff in Australia more often. :)