• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanz said:
Silentstriker - Watch the game and then tell us If WI were not lucky. One good ball and they would have been looking @ 0-2. They didn't outplay us, we outplayed ourselves. WI were so bad that despite our pathetic bowling attack, they couldn't put decent score.
Less one-eyed propaganda please.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Were they really lucky in getting a 130 run lead in the 1st game then?
no they weren't but india came back strongly and they were damn lucky to hang on at the end with just one wicket remaining and only tailenders batting....:)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
India sucking is not 'unlucky'. Thats what we did. Luck would be if we had played great and the WI pulled the draw out because of rain.
If WI outplayed us in the test then please tell me who had a better chance of winning the 1st test ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
I've watched every single ball, and WI were not lucky. One WI pair batted out a whole session on the last day. That's not 'luck', thats our lack of a good bowling attack showing up. 'Luck' would have been if we had the bowling attack that WI had in the 80's, and WI just scraped through on bad calls and bad weather. The opposition taking advantage of our bowling weakness and batting through the session is good cricket on their part, not luck.
That's luck. As for great bowling attack, no matter how good your bowling, more often than not, you will find a pair batting out one session. And no they didn't really take advantage of our poor bowling.

371 @ Antigua is not exploiting the weak bowling, Lara used to make that score alone against better attacks. :laugh: :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
If WI outplayed us in the test then please tell me who had a better chance of winning the 1st test ?

They didn't outplay us the whole test. But they outplayed us long enough to draw the test. If we had dominated for five days, and then the game had still been a draw, then I would agree with you.

We conceded a 130 run deficit in the first innings. After that, it was never going to be 'luck' .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Your bias is disgusting.

I can't believe I'm defending the WI. :@

But these accusations of 'luck' for the first match are utterly ridiculous, considering WI had a lead of 130+ runs.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL @ Sehwag trying to listen in on Lara & Chanderpaul's conversation.

60 overs, can Indian bowling attack take 7 wickets?

I doubt it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
They didn't outplay us the whole test. But they outplayed us long enough to draw the test. If we had dominated for five days, and then the game had still been a draw, then I would agree with you.

We conceded a 130 run deficit in the first innings. After that, it was never going to be 'luck' .
And that's why a test match consists of two innings, Your 1st innings lead of 130 means zlich on a Pitch like antigua and especially if the other team is going to score 500+ runs. India were literraly giving away runs in WI second innings (Watch Dave bat) in order to buy wickets.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
silentstriker said:
LOL @ Sehwag trying to listen in on Lara & Chanderpaul's conversation.

60 overs, can Indian bowling attack take 7 wickets?

I doubt it.
Just Bravo, Ramdin, Bradshaw and change to come. India still on top.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
And that's why a test match consists of two innings, Your 1st innings lead of 130 means zlich on a Pitch like antigua and especially if the other team is going to score 500+ runs. India were literraly giving away runs in WI second innings (Watch Dave bat) in order to buy wickets.

Yes, but being outplayed in the first innings and outplaying the opposition in the second innings does not mean you deserve to win the match. You have to win more sessions than you lose, and India barely did that.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Yes, but being outplayed in the first innings and outplaying the opposition in the second innings does not mean you deserve to win the match. You have to win more sessions than you lose, and India barely did that.
And when did I say that India outplayed WI in the test, in all the sessions or that we deserved to win the test match ? All I said was WI were lucky to draw the first test and that is mainly based on their 5th day performance against our attack which was very poor and WI somehow survived it.

Let's put it this way - India were lucky to be in the winning position, thanks to WI's pathetic batting against an attack that consisted only one genuine bowler but at the end they were lucky to pull off a draw despite their poor display.

Last edited: