• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in West Indies

JustTool

State 12th Man
Well, let's see: equal to or more than in the Chapell era. And Wright worked FOR the Indian team and selectors. The Indian team and selectors work FOR Chapell. Make no mistake.

Excluding Harbhajan in lieu of Sreesanth/VRVSingh. I suppose when you do really "stupid" things it's "genius" :-)

silentstriker said:
You must remind me - how many non-subcontinental series victories did we achieve under Wright?

Last edited:

JustTool

State 12th Man
from cricinfo:

India's plight would have been even worse had it not been for Virender Sehwag, who got the ball to turn, bounce, and was rewarded with two wickets

And the think-tank chose to exclude Bhajji. Go figure.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Okay Jono/Dasa, I am sure you have been watching the game, Please tell us why we should praise Santh, Munaf and VRV ?

Also, Please tells us why is Irfan not playing ? The guy who was our best bowler and a potential future allrounder until few days ago is said to be having low confidence. What is he doing in WI then and why does his low confidence deserve a public announcement ?

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
Okay Jono/Dasa, I am sure you have been watching the game, Please tell us why we should praise Santh, Munaf and VRV ?

Also, Please tells us why is Irfan not playing ? The guy who was our best bowler and a potential future allrounder until few days ago is said to be having low confidence. What is he doing in WI then and why does his low confidence deserve a public announcement ?
You have no reason to praise Santh, Munaf and VRV. But its not fair to go overboard in putting all the blame at Chapel/Dravid. Why isn't Agarkar playing, for one? You take away the one bowler who has clearly been troubling the WI batsmen and then blame the team management for doing away with the one bowler who's seemed most ineffective (Pathan). I can visualize an alternative scenario in which Pathan would be in the team and get clobbered mercilessly and then everyone would be blaming Chapel/Dravid for taking pathan when he clearly wasnt in form as was obvious from the ODIs.

The Indian bowling was pathetic. But Santh and Munaf are still good prospects. They lack experience as was clear from the line and length they chose to bowl. Presence of a bowler like Agarkar would have been good. I hope, seriously, that the selectors recall Agarkar for the remaining matches.

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
JustTool said:
from cricinfo:

India's plight would have been even worse had it not been for Virender Sehwag, who got the ball to turn, bounce, and was rewarded with two wickets

And the think-tank chose to exclude Bhajji. Go figure.
And a bowling line-up of Santh, Munaf, Kumble, Harbhajan sounds menacing to you on non Indian pitches? I'm not saying it would not have worked out, just that that lineup would be scarier than the one they took, had the pitch offered no spin at all. At least, now they have fall back options like Yuvraj, Sehwag, Laxman.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
pug said:
And a bowling line-up of Santh, Munaf, Kumble, Harbhajan sounds menacing to you on non Indian pitches? I'm not saying it would not have worked out, just that that lineup would be scarier than the one they took, had the pitch offered no spin at all. At least, now they have fall back options like Yuvraj, Sehwag, Laxman.

No Indian line up sounds menacing to me. But there is a difference between a bad line up (AA, Santh, Pathan, Kumble, Harbhajan) and the worst line up in the history of Indian cricket. A big difference.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL @ Sreesanth pretending to be Curtly Ambrose with those armbands. 7 wickets for 1 run vs. 70 runs for 1 wicket. Sound the same, don't they?

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
CricInfo :- "Sreesanth was wayward and atrociously expensive, Munaf Patel was reduced from a medium-pacer to more like a spinner bowling fast and VR Singh looked like a stranger in a strange land searching for the mythical unicorn."

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
I totally disagree.

I agree with your disagreement. They should goto domestic cricket, and if, and only if, they can prove themselves there over the long haul, should they be allowed back.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
As the commentators are saying, Sreesanth is obviously struggling for confidence and doesn't want to bowl. He aborted his run up TWICE in the last over and you can tell from his facial expression that he is just struggling. He shouldn't be on right now. And his front foot is a full yard behind the crease. Wow, he is so out of form.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Thats why he needs go go back. He needs to learn from being belted around, so he can have some mental fortitude and come back strong from a beating and not let it get to his confidence. A test match is not the ideal place to learn those things....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh now Santh is also short of confidence. That leaves us with Munaf and Kumble, Hopefully India wont need to bowl in second innings.

JustTool

State 12th Man
India's new young birgade strike bowler:

Bowling O M R W Econ
Sreesanth 16 1 96 0 6.00

I am so tired of this out-of-form crap. Just look at him. He should first bowl in Ranji.

I cannot believe people on this board are defending these slections and performances. Bhajji and Pathan were dropped because of Sreesanth ? I am all for blooding youngsters but if Chappel himself says that we should NOT expect them to perform in their first few tests then WHY INCLUDE SO MANY ?? !! :wacko: :@

silentstriker said:
As the commentators are saying, Sreesanth is obviously struggling for confidence and doesn't want to bowl. He aborted his run up TWICE in the last over and you can tell from his facial expression that he is just struggling. He shouldn't be on right now. And his front foot is a full yard behind the crease. Wow, he is so out of form.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Indian team's new mantras:

1) Never expect us to perform because we are always preparing for the future

2) Being out of form is OK - everyone goes out of form

3) We will include a lot of youngsters even though please don't expect them to perform in their first few tests as they are still being blooded

4) West Indies have forgotten how to win

5) Well, look at Wright - he didn;t win too many either...

My prediction:
1) 3-1/2 days is all it will take !

And people here want to defend these inane selections and performances from Team Management. :blink: