• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your first match?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
First match I saw was nearly enough to put me off cricket for good - apparently I was in my push-chair (that'd make me about 11 at the time ;)) and I was nearly hit by the ball.
First proper match was This one

First test match was This one

Envious. *sprays belly with sticky white love-pis"

First match was Tissington v Someone, years back. I'd just finished with a long-term bird after a troubled time and my father drove me out there to cheer me up.

First 1st class I can't remember exactly (there's never been a match I've attended sober, or played sober thinking about it) but it'd be the during the Kim Barnett pomp years, '89/'90 or so.

First Test, The Butcher Test, 2001.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Pedro Delgado said:
First 1st class I can't remember exactly (there's never been a match I've attended sober, or played sober thinking about it)
You played First-class cricket drunk? :wacko:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Autobahn said:
You played First-class cricket drunk? :wacko:
Not First Class no, sorry for the confusion, I meant just cricket I've played.

But given the opportunity, probably yes, I'd have make a complete horlicks out of a sporting career, just as I have my non-sporting one.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Pedro Delgado said:
Not First Class no, sorry for the confusion, I meant just cricket I've played.

But given the opportunity, probably yes, I'd have make a complete horlicks out of a sporting career, just as I have my non-sporting one.
I don't know, watching a drunk man fall-over constantly and attempt to charge a bouncer would have made it a watchable match.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Autobahn said:
I don't know, watching a drunk man fall-over constantly and attempt to charge a bouncer would have made it a watchable match.
I take it you've seen Chandrasekhar bat then.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Autobahn said:
Alas i be only 20 eddie.
Just imagine a hippopotamus attempting to eat jelly using two sticks of celery as chopsticks and you get some idea of the futility of it all.

A bit like debating with you-know-who - fun for a while but then less appealing than eating your own liver.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The first game I attended was a one day international between Australia and the West Indies at the MCG. It was was a final of the Benson & Hedges series. The West Indies, as was the custom at the time, won. Ambrose and Bishop bowled Australia out very little, and Hooper and Lara got the runs. I remember the game as being a total thrashing, but that could have just been the attitude everyone had at the time, which was that the West Indies always thrashed everyone. Looking at the scorecard, it wasn't that bad.

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard_ODI.asp?MatchCode=0841

The first test I remember watching on TV with any real clarity (as in I can remember specific events in the game and so forth) was the famous Adelaide test match in the 92/93 West Indies tour, where Australia lost by 1 run. The first ODIs I can remember watching are from the '92 world cup.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The first match i saw was when Lara made 275 against Australia at the SCG in 1992.

The first match i saw live was the Sydney Test between Australia and South Africa in 1997. It was the 2nd day, Bevo ran through the South African lower order. Then Elliott ran into Mark Waugh and broke his knee and pretty much stuffed his whole career, he just came of a brilliant Ashes tour, where his highest score of 199 and had a soild Australia Test Summer and was starting to cement his spot in the side, then that happened. The day end with the Waugh brothers putting on a big partnership. A good day of Test Cricket for me. Also Warne got his 300th wicket in that game, but that was the 3rd day.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
15 years ago I went to watch Duleep Trophy match between West Zone and North Zone - with Kapil Dev captaining the north zone and Ravi Shastri as the captain of the west zone. Other notable players were Chetan Sharma, Dileep Vengsarkar, Sachin Tendulkar, Raman Lamba, Vindo Kambli (Not sure about him). Dont remember much about the game though.

Last International match that I was in the stadium was in early 1998 India Vs SriLanka, 3rd test @ Wankhede Stadium mumbai. Pretty good match.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The tied test at Chennai.

I was BORN to watch all the best games. ;)

Edit: I was only 4 back then. All I can recollect is that Maninder Singh got booed and a few guys got thrown out because they abused a couple of the Aussies on the boundary. And that I had bananas for lunch. ;)

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
First match - NZ vs Aus '96 World cup quarterfinal at Madras

First test match - Ind vs Aus, First test of the '98 series at Madras

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain